The AMG SLC

More threads by motec 6.9

Oversize

Grand Master
Well this one's a bit of a mystery. I have seen pictures of this car before, many years ago. With more knowledge now it's even more confusing.

It looks to me like the engine is a modified 6.3, but I'd heard they can't be bored to have a 7L capacity. So did they stroke the engine, or use a 6.9 block? Are the blocks even interchangeable?

Did AMG install the engine?

Where did the manifold come from? Could it be an AMG prototype? Has anyone seen one on a Red Pig (or replica)?? If it was cast, they'd have to be a mould floating around somewhere..... I want one!!!!

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark as i said it is known in the usa as the real deal if you read ron b post after the pictures . The car has been made by AMG and it is the only 1 with that intake . Now to really frie your brain there is a 7.2 AMG W116 in Australia and it is the real deal as well .:D

Tony66_au

Ahhh those crazy Germans!

And I thought the 6.9 was a "Stuff you" to the so called "Oil Crisis" lol

No sane person really believe we would run out of oil in the 70's and many predicted that the oil reserves wouldn't last much past 1984 and here we are nearly 30 years later with plenty of Texas Tea............

A bit like Global warming/Climate science eh?

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Mark as i said it is known in the usa as the real deal if you read ron b post after the pictures . The car has been made by AMG and it is the only 1 with that intake . Now to really frie your brain there is a 7.2 AMG W116 in Australia and it is the real deal as well .:D

That explains why I've never seen it; it must be just a blur..... If you know the owner of the monster, ask them to stop at a show sometime so we can hear it's story and hopefully get some pics too! :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Thanks Motec! Now this raises a few questions...

What happened to the Aussie car?? No updates since 2006... Sounds like it had modified Ford headers (made in Melbourne)??

The one in the USA has original polished Centras, but the offset still appears different to mine. Maybe it's just because they're polished, or it's due to the narrower tyres being fitted? I must say I don't like the speakers in the doors, but the rest looks very nice. What happened to the radiator and shroud? It looks like a custom fab one...

If I get one made, I'll be headed here:

http://www.aussiedesertcooler.com.au/

If they were after power (as the 7.3 badge suggests), why don't they have headers, cold air and a bigger exhaust??

Where are the custom badges made?? Michel???

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark when i get around to puting my good motor ie original motor back together it will be 7.8litres . Machine work has been done but spending been curtailed something about account watching .:D

Oversize

Grand Master
Do any of the Aussies featured on the M100 site post here? If not; why?? :rolleyes:

BTW Motec I can't wait until your car is going! WOW 7.8L!!! :cool: The suspense is killing me! Guess I'll just have to be satisfied with mine... LOL!

Last edited:
OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark my car is going i just want to do a lot more to it before it is on the road. Currently making just under 300hp at the rear wheels with motor from Goldie RIP. I will be after over 500 with good motor :D

Oversize

Grand Master
With or without nitrous??? :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark without i have 150hp pill in NOS system at the moment so that makes about 443 hp at the wheels . But it can be changed all the way to 300hp . but seeing as i have finally worked out how to make m-100 sing i want at least 500hp out of big motor heads have allready been done . Custom valves fitted with thinner stems and ports done and been on flow bench. Still looking at making custom manifold as that is main limiter a bit like holden 5ltr with after market manifolds to make real power . Or Tickford manifold for 5.6 windsor :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark i will go down that path when i have cleared a couple of bills around November so it will be early next year before i start going forward . As the twin should arrive early June and i dont want to anger the boss . Looking forward to green light to start work again :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Yeah I'm in no hurry for Blue Flame as those cracks still need to be fixed and Red Bull is my focus right now. But it's good to see there's at least one business still MAKING stuff in Australia!!! Oh with Aussie Desert Coolers that makes two! :)

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Surely you're not putting Dwagways on your car!!!!??? ;):D Yes I'm very familiar with Harrop, but we should check prices first as they'll be at a premium...

Hey what do you think about the Motec m84? Do any of the ECUs have a provision for a knock sensor? Is yours closed loop with O2 sensors??

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark i have a Motec M48Pro system which is the control system in V8 Supercars . It does closed lop and has O2 with knock sencer as well. And i did think about having custom billets made by dragway . :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Cool!!! :cool::D (not the Dwayways)! ;):p Me thinks Motec is the one to follow.... Blue Flame will be saying bye bye to LPG and skipping K-Jet for sequential! Now back to Red Bull..... where was I?? ;):D