SLS Drive

More threads by Michel

Oversize

Grand Master
You must've been even happier when you realized the interior was RED!!! :D

300SDude

Yeah - kinda nice but where do you put the groceries and the dogs and the handyman stuff for the weekend? :eek:
Regards,
Brian

LOL.......fast food, a teacup dog and a roll of duct (gaffer) tape.......who needs more than a glovebox? :)

LOL, I happen to have a 3 lb. Teacup Yorkshire Terrier. ( I also have a Miniature Schnauzer).

Here is a pic of her and one of the Schnauzer puppies. Her name is Apisa (A piece a) Pie, since her Mom's name is Pie. (get it, A piece a Pie). :)

apisapaw.jpg

300SDude

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Yeah - kinda nice but where do you put the groceries and the dogs and the handyman stuff for the weekend? :eek:
Regards,
Brian

That is why you have an ML Professor....

Styria

The Godfather
Well, without further ado - the poses are the same, the cars are different, yet equally desirable........

THESLSAMG013.jpg

topklasseactivities001-1.jpg

....see what I mean....:D

I had really wanted to show the second picture with Michel at the helm of his 450SEL, but Photobucket, at the time, was somewhat un-cooperative. In the next, we have 'cheesy' grinning from ear to ear, and who could blame him...

THESLSAMG014.jpg

The next is of yours truly, thoroughly exhausted from trying to clim into the cabin with 'gummy' knee and collapsed back.....

THESLSAMG001.jpg

Okay, what else about this fabulous car ? Have a look.

THESLSAMG007.jpg

THESLSAMG008.jpg

Huge brakes front and rear, but a fairly austere interior......

THESLSAMG006.jpg

THESLSAMG005.jpg

Very, impressive under bonnet appearance as evidenced by this photo.

THESLSAMG011.jpg

Well, quite a car, with blinding acceleration. Ride comfort was surprisingly good, and stability control on the wet roads imparted a feeling of sure footedness. My most sincere thanks to Michel for giving Parks and myself the opportunity for a rewarding experience. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Well, well, it looks like the guys had a new toy for a couple of days!!! :D I love the seats and the stitched leather across the dashboard! And so typical of us that there had to be an engine pic in there somewhere.... Did anyone get a pic of the steering wheel, or the boot? Does it have a spare tyre?

What did intrigue me was the door seal; it looks like it could allow water entry at the bottom? Seems like at least one of you needed to test out that theory..... ;) Any leaks to report? If it's been raining and the door's opened, does it drip water onto you, or the interior of the car? Do you find an urge to park away from everyone else to allow for the doors to open (even though it probably isn't necessary)?

And what's with the blue car? Have MB decided to do away with doors alltogether now? Looks like they've really improved the A/C on this new one.... Will it be available on Australia, or only countries with low rainfall?? I'm not sure if I like the new 'weathered look' leather seats!!!! Could it be a new pursuit version with a washable rear cargo area for the dirty crooks? Or is it a prototype 'New Parents Vehicle' that's completely stain resistant? Motec should check out that one!! Or maybe the target market is apprentice tradesmen/women, posties, couriers, or nightclub taxi drivers (beaded seat covers optional)? The possibilities are endless.... ;)

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Dude your dogs are just the cutest and I bet all the girls go completely gaga over them! Take them in an SLS (or W116) and your chances would be way better than average! :D

Tony66_au

Well, well, it looks like the guys had a new toy for a couple of days!!! :D I love the seats and the stitched leather across the dashboard! And so typical of us that there had to be an engine pic in there somewhere.... Did anyone get a pic of the steering wheel, or the boot? Does it have a spare tyre?

What did intrigue me was the door seal; it looks like it could allow water entry at the bottom? Seems like at least one of you needed to test out that theory..... ;) Any leaks to report? If it's been raining and the door's opened, does it drip water onto you, or the interior of the car? Do you find an urge to park away from everyone else to allow for the doors to open (even though it probably isn't necessary)?

And what's with the blue car? Have MB decided to do away with doors alltogether now? Looks like they've really improved the A/C on this new one.... Will it be available on Australia, or only countries with low rainfall?? I'm not sure if I like the new 'weathered look' leather seats!!!! Could it be a new pursuit version with a washable rear cargo area for the dirty crooks? Or is it a prototype 'New Parents Vehicle' that's completely stain resistant? Motec should check out that one!! Or maybe the target market is apprentice tradesmen/women, posties, couriers, or nightclub taxi drivers (beaded seat covers optional)? The possibilities are endless.... ;)

Its for the new Aussie remake of Fantasy Island.........

Da plane Da plane!

Tony66_au

On the SLS?

WOW.........

But id rather the newest item on the AMG "Black" list, and yes even with the huge spoiler on the boot.

260ebenz

Master
Well, without further ado - the poses are the same, the cars are different, yet equally desirable........

THESLSAMG013.jpg

topklasseactivities001-1.jpg

....see what I mean....:D

I had really wanted to show the second picture with Michel at the helm of his 450SEL, but Photobucket, at the time, was somewhat un-cooperative. In the next, we have 'cheesy' grinning from ear to ear, and who could blame him...

THESLSAMG014.jpg

The next is of yours truly, thoroughly exhausted from trying to clim into the cabin with 'gummy' knee and collapsed back.....

THESLSAMG001.jpg

Okay, what else about this fabulous car ? Have a look.

THESLSAMG007.jpg

THESLSAMG008.jpg

Huge brakes front and rear, but a fairly austere interior......

THESLSAMG006.jpg

THESLSAMG005.jpg

Very, impressive under bonnet appearance as evidenced by this photo.

THESLSAMG011.jpg

Well, quite a car, with blinding acceleration. Ride comfort was surprisingly good, and stability control on the wet roads imparted a feeling of sure footedness. My most sincere thanks to Michel for giving Parks and myself the opportunity for a rewarding experience. Regards Styria

Top photos Styria thanks for posting those.

Bluey W116 has no doors is that for better aerodynamics go faster is it Michel? LOL.

SLS looks beautiful will have to take one for a test drive!

300SDude

Dude your dogs are just the cutest and I bet all the girls go completely gaga over them! Take them in an SLS (or W116) and your chances would be way better than average! :D

The baby, Apisa, HATES the car with a passion. She can't get into my coat pocket any farther when we take her somewhere. (Which isn't very often). The Schnauzers, all love the car AND the water/snow.

300SDude

300SDude

OMG I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO jealous of you guys even being able to sit in it, much less DRIVE it!

The "infotainment" system and A/C look like a nightmare......Be spending the afternoon trying to decipher how the hell to get the radio to turn on, lol. Does the sat nav person drive you nuts?

A totally beautiful car.......I would love to have one. (Or 2......lol).

thanks for sharing such a close-up experience with it. :)

300SDude

Styria

The Godfather
You're most welcome, Dude. It's gratifying to know that our website is providing so much pleasure for you. That's what it is all about. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Is there any chance of another drive when it isn't soooo wet???

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Guys!

This test drive took this humble motoring journalist more than six months of organizing... (pleading, begging, cajoling, threatening, you name it!)

The chances of a re-run are almost NIL