Scheel & Recaro Seats

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I had a set of Scheel seats in my XE and I loved them! What's not to like??

CIMG4761_zps43b8eb36.jpg

Interestingly they're still in business and can do custom work.... :cool::) Even better, it's an Aussie business!

http://www.scheelaustralia.com.au/index.html

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Not much Mark I had them in my XD ESP as well. And off course they were fitted to Brock Commodores . So it gives you a reason to buy something from a Commodore before crushing it. :D

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
A few have suggested that Recaros can have issues. Anyone care to explain since they look very similar to the Scheels??

From what I've read the Audi RS4 seats are the best according to journalists but I've never had the pleasure. Anyone wish to nominate their best car seat?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Scheel its wider than Recaro and better padded . :)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark you may be ok but I find Recaro seats to narrow and padding to hard over a long drive. Something I never found with Scheel seats.

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I might see if they can modify a W126 set to look and feel very similar to the old Scheels.... :rolleyes:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
That would be different . Have you though about the 124 seats if going down that path . It may be easier to have base adjusted to fit. :)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I'm not sure W124 seats would fit in a W116 easily. From what I've heard the rears definitely don't. And they're not electric unless you find a wrecked 500E....

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark I was just thinking CE seats as they had larger side bolstering. :)

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
There's a set on Ebay now in black.... But there's probably seatbelt issues and I want a power REAR seat too!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
How about the back rest being fitted to lower seat . Maybe that's a question for Parks. :D