Operation BLU

More threads by WiSeGuYY

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

THANKS PROFF FOR THE ADVICE , i will look at that when i reach this stage , glad you like it.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

the latest update of BLU is having a new radiator and looking for the new exhaust pipe to judge the engine requirements after that , the paperwork is finally DONE and i could get the new plates on my name which was hard ( as everything regarding this car) hope it worth the money spent on it.

MARK i already took of the wrong badge from the trunk and looking , i have the 280 SEL but in plastic , i prefer the METAL which hard to find here NOW

IF i can buy it from the GODFATHER just wonder how it will cost if i can't source it in CAIRO then TOP KLASSE is my option next .

The car ELECTRICAL works are finished ( ALMOST) and it is trurning back to be a car.

SOON another WASH and ready for pictures.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Great news! You must be so pleased!! Can't wait for the pix.....

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Good to hear Tarek.

We're all waiting for the pics :D

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tarek, looks like you're getting closer all the time, which is just as well. It certainly has been a period of trials and tribulations for you. Due to photography, it's difficult to judge the colour properly and, of course, there have been no pics of the interior and the colour of the upholstery, thus we cannot assess the quality (certainly I) of the upholstery workmanship. Looking forward to further pictures in due course. Regards Styria

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HI GODFATHER , next week i promise there will be pictures, and showing the missing BONES ( the plastic parts on top of the door panel which is slightly cracked (some of them not 4 of them .

today i was out all day for the buying of the brackets of the back bumper and finally no noise while moving , trying to find the trunk rubber - still no luck- already order a backer mexico and the Hirschmann antenna , the car start attract attention - that sure pleased me , everyone is really support it , mercedes benz dealers start saying that this car is worth the money and as if the most successfulmodel ever built -things like that makes me really change my mind about keeping it.

The most important news is that my wife for first time in one and half year found out about the cars and that me and my both sons know about it , that makes her a bit calm since she said always that she felt i'm hiding something ( which was true) but her complain now about if i will RENT a garage for them LOL - i told her i don't decide that yet.

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
I know it would be hard to find in your country, even at this time of the year, but it would seem that you are treading on thin ice as far as your wife is concerned. Now that the cat's been let out of the bag, just go full pelt - warts and all :D. Regards Styria

N.B. So where does Red Piglet fit in the scheme of scheming ? Your better half, Tarek, she know about the piglet ?

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi GODFATHER , since the secret was revealed i'm more relaxed and back to normal my wife knew about them at same time when she was interrogating me where i am going and my son start joking and my looks to him to stop it she was furious , i told her i'm building a classic , after a moment of silence she cooled off then ask in low voice what is the classic ( i know she know it is a MERCEDES) but i answer which one?? so she lost it and couldn't keep on for about an hour or so then she started that i shouldn't keep that from her and my answer that my sons knew aboutit was not enough as if what i'm trying to teach them to hide such info from the loved ones etc.

now we are cool again and we went over it.

now we are busy planing to visit NEW YORK for my elder son , will try to buy some parts from adist company while i'm there specially rubber seals for both w116 and the w108 .

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Well terrific news that people are starting to notice! And yes partners can be a little resistant until you get some results....

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Finally BLU went home , i can't say that the results are perfect but i still need to put blue internal door lining ( the ones there are too dark for my car) then here is some photos for the time being.

REGARDS

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Happy to know that Blu is finally home and will be cared for as it deserves.
I like the colour TAREK.
It's not dark and its not light!
Well done mate!

Oversize

Grand Master
Yay! Any bigger pictures?

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tarek, it seems that finally you have reached the finishing straight. Personally, I would also like to see larger pictures not only of the exterior, but the interior as well. I must admit that I cannot clearly pick the type of blue colour it is.

As a matter of interest, are you satisfied with the workmanship ? I do recall that you had a bunch of problems some while ago - did you get everything sorted ? Regards Styria

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

THANKS ALL VERY MUCH for the support , i will try to get the pictures bigger but i am failing with the Photobucket i must admit.i will try something else since on Facebook the pictures is normal i wonder why here is only small .

NOW to the QUESTIONS of our GODFATHER , i had many messy times that i hated my self , i agree thanks to you support i reach this stage , but i had to change the interior completely and still few things need to be done in my book.
i told my people that
1- the inner lining of the doors need to be changed in COLOR since it is too dark BLUE not as it should be.
2- need another dashboard , mine have some cracks in it.
3-need another classic radio (not found yet) since the one now is pioneer relatively new.
4- the rubber in the doors still cut in some places need to change it , but don't know how

at last some gages still don't work but they that easily fixed .
anyway the car is far behind my w126 to be honest.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

here we go this might work GODFATHER but tooo slow to upload

REGARDS
TAREK

Attachments

• DSC_0006.jpg
    DSC_0006.jpg
    350.5 KB · Views: 5