Blu

More threads by WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Dear GODFATHER ,MICHEL & MARK

I will need your OPENION what if while painting my BLUE W116 i use different light shade of silver /blue (light color) from the chrome side skirt on the doors till down making it 2 tone ? i'm not sure but thinking too much to make it look different ( i posted once a grape 2 tone which motivates me)
All OTHER TOPKLASSE members welcome to post what they think specially ABL ,BILL, BENZBOY , MOTEC , Sclass & TONY.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Tarek,

There's been a lot of talk about two tone colours of late. Personally I think they look better on the 50s American cars, but that's just me. I've seen plenty done poorly; particulary in relation to colour combinations and the line where the colour changes. I'd grab a colour wheel and see what colours work best together and toy with where the colour change should occur. Even spray a few test panels.....
You could try adding pure white (or black) to the main colour and see how the two colours look side by side. Personally I think the lighter colour should be on the top (to make the interior as cool as possible) and the darker colour on the lower section will tend to hide a large rump (it's a 'slimming' colour after all)! However in a really, really cold country, it might be an advantage to do the reverse!! ;) On a MB in particular, the colour line should look like it was done in the factory. Oh and you can't go wrong with blue!!! :D

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi MARK , I sure appreciate your advice , THANK you , i am posting here my inspiring two tone , that one i find the coolest .1419_low_rider.jpg

my color will be BLUE cause i want to keep the blue interior , i only might do it diff , since i find lower light and upper dark more appealing to my taste , i want to make the side skirt is the separation between both colors . if there is a program that can be used to visualize this on computer would be nice and cut this drama i'm in.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Tarek, I'm sure you could play with various colours in Photoshop, or something similar. The photo you've attached appears to have been altered, so I'm sure it's possible.... :rolleyes:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My recommendation (and I am sure that of the Godfather as well) would be to split the colours along the crease just below the door handles.

There is a straight line all the way from the edge (top of) the front blinker/signal light all the way back to the taillights.

In my opinion the mould line is way too low and would require the same bottom colour to be used on the roof and that would be very much a '50s' look, which I don't think is the effect you are looking for.

But then again, it is only my opinion.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi MICHEL ,

I saw what you mean , i will sleep over it and think a bit . It is enough that you contribute in the brain storming , you and MARK made my day thank you both.

P.S still waiting for the GODFATHER , but donno what his preference is.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HERE i am again back to BLU project with some updates. As this week BLU went to be prepared for the paint job and ALMOST ready for PAINT, i had to visit the paint shop to chose my CODE which will be used.

Had to stay in front of the computer and the colours available , i was convinced i will use the DB 904 till i discovered it doesn't have the cristal metalic grain i wanted , they start showing me the diferent blue they got since i wanted the midnight blue effect , finally i was between 2 tones 366 and 375 , they quit close but i decided for the 375 which called ATOLL BLUE , it is more appealing to me and i give it the green light to go.
they will do the engine bay then they will re install the engine then back to the PAINT BOOTH.

REGARDS

TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
These are indeed exciting times TAREK.

No doubt you will have the same array of pictures as you did with the Red Piglet!

I look forward to seeing them. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Yeah I can't wait for pics either! And did I mention I LOVE navy blue?? :D

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi MICHEL & MARK

INDEED i have the photos documented as in RED PIG but i will post them in later stage when i can see it moving , the PIGLET is still standing with no progress since i couldn't find the AC till the moment , tell you the truth i ask them to finish it without it . back to BLU -i think it is faster since no alteration will be done only time and work is smooth with nothing missing and no creation needed it will be typical w116 ( maybe with metalic arches over the wheels) i give up the idea of making it 2 tone since i was scared and retreat .
carpets went to be restored with the seats and inner doors lining, i don't want to jinx it but it is on the move.

MARK.. this is my first BLUE MERCEDES but i also love the MARINE BLUE i loved the tone i chose it is very apealing to me.

REGARDS

TAREK

Attachments

• IMG00166-20110707-1628.jpg
    IMG00166-20110707-1628.jpg
    243.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG00127-20110511-1703.jpg
    IMG00127-20110511-1703.jpg
    246.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG00128-20110511-1704.jpg
    IMG00128-20110511-1704.jpg
    250.3 KB · Views: 6
OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

You can see guys how bad it was when i locate it almost 6 month ago in the streets of CAIRO , i didn't mind how bad it was since i already had the plans set for restoration and doing it all over ( thanks to TOPKLASSE members who light it up in me to have the guts to go through this) .
I can't deny the support i recieve from GODFATHER , MICHEL , MARK and the other experts i meet here everyday , i can show some pictures of the body restoration but please be patient since it is not finished project yet.

Here some more of last 4 month work

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

today my connection failed me 3 times to upload , SO SORRY PROFF BRIAN but i did three attempts to uplad but no go .

REGARDS

TAREK

Attachments

• IMG-20110920-00091.jpg
    IMG-20110920-00091.jpg
    273.8 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG00129-20110511-1704.jpg
    IMG00129-20110511-1704.jpg
    265.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG-20110920-00092.jpg
    IMG-20110920-00092.jpg
    296.4 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG-20110920-00098.jpg
    IMG-20110920-00098.jpg
    369.5 KB · Views: 9

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Dear TAREK,

Your colour is so close to Magnetite Blue like my latest project.

Attachments

• Collection Day (Large).jpg
    Collection Day (Large).jpg
    114 KB · Views: 7
  • IMG_2740 (Large).jpg
    IMG_2740 (Large).jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi MICHEL , MINE will be ATOLL BLUE 375 and there wereanother colour 366

i will check yours but it looks very nice too, mine was chosen for my BLUE interior so we will see.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Tarek I was wondering if it rains much where you live? If not you could probably throw away your windscreen wipers and drive around on slick tyres! Do many people use window tint film due to the heat? Do many cars suffer from rust? Oh and did you find it difficult removing the front mudguards?