Operation BLU

More threads by WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi GUYS,

As promised here first picture revealed of my new project BLU
Hope it will catch up and be eligible to be posted in TOPKLASSEIMG00125-20110511-1703.jpg

Regards

TAREK

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Tarek: Looks very similar to my car, with those wheels!

I am thinking of making my car two tone blue, with that magnetite blue on the lower half.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hey SEL 69L, two tone Blue might look fabilous , go for it .i'm keeping this one this color .
REGARDS
TAREK

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I do like the dark blue on the 116!

Look forward to seeing more pics Tarek

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

first thing after i go home , i will upload more pics MICHEL but the car still in bad shape , monday it will go to the clinic .

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Tarek, when you say "it will go to the clinic", does this mean mechanical repairs ? It will indeed be interesting to follow your progress in the restoration process - if that is what you will be doing. By the look of matters, there is a fair bit of work to be carried out, but you seem to be unfazed by the tasks ahead. I wouldn't mind knowing a little more about the wages and/or labor cost structure in your country. For instance, to resparay a car completely, what would it cost in Australian dollars. Please keep us posted. Good luck. Styria

Last edited:
OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hi ALL/GODFATHER ,

yes when i mentioned the clinic i mean it will go for mechanical exam - i never drove the car but the driver did , and said something about disc pads need to be changed , engine looks ok ( i have the same in my 126 but this one on the 116 is injection , i will not drive it unless everything is in order , about labour cost in egypt is a bit cheaper than europe but i have no clue about AUSTRALIA never reach that far , about respray the car would normally cost like 3-5 K but what i want is full restoration and change all defected items and find replacement . prices for the moment not clear , i don't think it will be cheap either . here is some pics as i promised Michel to post few.IMG00166-20110707-1628.jpg

IMG00125-20110511-1703.jpg

IMG00165-20110707-1627.jpg

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I was not expecting to find American spec. bumper bars.

Begs two questions:

Is the car a grey import from the United States, or were they sold that way originally in Egypt? and

Does it have the American style double headlights?

Actually, I have seen a LHD American style Milan Brown 450 SEL in Fremantle (near Perth) a couple of years ago. That car was imported from Nevada. The guy who imported it into Australia got it for free; he saved it from the crusher. He claims that the car drives wery well, and he considered it far too good to be crushed.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HEY SEL 69L
the US BUMPERS is not the original of this one - they import parts from all over - i remember one of my friend did imort peugot parts from the STATES ,mind i never saw one peugot car in any of my multi visits to the states .back to BLU the us specs bumpers looks not good ,i intend to put back the original europian ones ( if i can't restore the existing american ones)
i will start mechanical exam on all the car till it is back in shape before the cut and past to remove the rust from all over mainly under the doors and i postpone the work on the body till i rescue the transmision and suspension , the engine is new and i don't expect it will need much work to let the car back to life.

REGARDS.

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

also there are No GRAY import from the US - usually this is parts imported , very rare to find an expat importing his car when he return home or member of the US embassy selling his mecedes here before return home, i think the source usually cut parts from the market.
concerning the second part of SEL 69L question , no the car have EUROPIAN headlight .
REGARDS
TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Wiseguyy, yes I wasn't expecting the US bumpers either & if I had the option I'd look at changing them for the Euro ones. As far as the US headlights go, many get changed (along with the bumpers) to Euro ones, but after finding this Ebay ad you might consider something a little different..... :D

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=120596120751&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT

Oh and regarding colours, the navy blue will polish up really nice, but it's difficult to look after unless you have a good supply of water!! In small amounts, orange is a good contrasting colour to blue.

Last edited:
OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Hey MARK , still can't figure the headlight ad , looks tempting but i'll try first to do the MUST DO before go for options.

i'm going now to the CLINIC where BLU is under EXAM and i hope the under going changes is not costing much that i can go to the next phase.

REGARDS

TAREK

P.s Sticking to BLUE & orange not for me.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Mark, would you have any idea how these lenses could be adapted to our existing set-up, or would this kit apply to the American individual headlight arrangement ? I hope you know. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Hi Tarek, I think I mis-read your earlier e-mail & thought you already had the US headlights. Styria, I think these kits suit US only, however you can buy LED strips here & on the net to create your own daytime running lights, or additional parking lights. You'll just need to be carefull regarding how they're wired & positioned so they don't contravene the vehicle standards in your state. Otherwise you may end up with red n blue lights in your mirror.... :eek:

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

LOL MARK , no one like the red & blue on his tail , i PASS .

i already got nice pair of EURO headlight BOSCH . as good as new .

BLU had i good exam yesterday and have changes engine oil , power oil , filters , spark plugs , many suspension parts and engine rubber parts , shock absorber and springs are ok, they change the brake pads too.

that made me hear the sound correct for the first time.

i'm pleased so far.

p.s the AMERICAN bumpers are phony and they don't end in front a shock absorber as they should be.

REGARDS

TAREK

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

AGAIN i must admit i was lazy about posting after the few set backs i had along the way ,starting the color turned not really what i want but i will not change cause i'm the one who chose it.

The cr is almost finished also by the mechanic shop and facing a real update , new tank, fuel pump and distributor , the car still waiting to be tested to be registered too ,then i will try to get the missing items in the interior.

REGARDS

TAREK

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Thank you Tarek for the updates on both your cars. But important thing for us all here at topklasse is that you are safe at present . And one day i may be able to buy you a coffee . Geoff

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

HI GEOFF , very sweet thing to say thank you , but since you are younger and more energetic please accept my treat since the chance you can fly to CAIRO is probably more than mine to AUSTRALIA , UNLESS you work for QANTAS since they don't fly to CAIRO then we must find another arrangement

REGARDS

TAREK.

OP
WiSeGuYY

WiSeGuYY

Day after day pass and BLU looks ugly more than expected , today i had a chance to pay a visit to check what is happening , since i put the interior and i really hate that car , it is flopped project just turned to money pit. had to change the fuel pump , and tank and now the missing parts of the interior is getting on my nerves , first time today i ask my mechanic to find a buyer if possible , next Saturday we are going to register the car but i am not happy with the outcome ,the car looks alright but too many small things that not of my liking .

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
How sad!!!! :( What's so wrong with the car? Trouble finding parts? Sounds to me like you're just frustrated and in dire need of support!!! C'mon team TK!!

Last edited: