Newbie with Crayford

More threads by GreaseMonkey

G

GreaseMonkey

Just to update all M-B folks, I have signed up on this forum too. The green Crayford wagon - formerly known as Kermit - is in safe hands and going well, I have fixed a lot of mechanical woes and will be looking at a full on body resto soon - back to thistle green.
Anyone interested, get in touch.
Regards,
Chris M.

rosstamon

welcome Grease Monkey- time to start a full resto pictorial on the former Kermit (new name?) because hey, we are right into the whole 116 voyeur thing...
all the best with it,
Rosstamon

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Rosstamon, I am glad that you have brought the 116 bit into play. Whilst I'd like to think that Topklasse is versatile enough to cater for a multitude of topics and matters of interest, the information highway should in some way always have 116 and 107 models as part of the overall picture.

So Grease Monkey, other than your registration, it is nice to hear from you and I think it is now getting to the stage where you'll have to live up to your avatar - :D. Regards Styria

116Benz

Welcome GreaseMonkey, glad to hear Kermit is in safe hands. Good luck with the resto.

CraigS

Speaking of Crayfords, I picked up a magazine in Germany last week and there was an Audi 100GL Crayford in it.

Audi100Crayford.png

Styria

The Godfather
I had not been aware that even Audis got the open air treatment from Crayfords. Not so sure of the two-tone paint job on this car, but then again photos can be somewhat deceptive either way.

Speaking of Grease Monkey, Crayfords etc., have not feard from Ozbenzhead in a while now and I am wondering if he has made any progress with Rolf.That was going to be quite a challenge, but Gordon seemed to be quite up to it. Regards Styria

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

I will have the wagon at Eastern Creek display if any of the forum gang want to say 'Hi', at least I should be easy to find.
Chris M.
Crayford05.JPG
[/IMG]

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Grease Monkey, I suspect that I will not be back from my trip until after Eastern Creek. BTW, will you be part of the Mercedes Benz Club contingent or are you with another motoring club ?

You should be able to meet up with some really nice guys from the Topklasse forum as well as the Mercedes Benz Club. Some that immediately come to mind are Matthew, the new editor of the Club, Delilah with his "Chrome Machine", John S and perhaps even abl567 with "my" 6.3 (!) and Michel and BenzBoy with his Gurney Nutting Rolls Royce. Enjoy. Regards Styria

Last edited:

abl567

Super Moderator
perhaps even abl567 with "my" 6.3 (!) Enjoy. Regards Styria
Styria, I'd love to go, how do I get a ticket?
As you know I am a M-100 group member, does that help?

Styria

The Godfather
Hi abl567, I'll get an additional ticket for you from JohnS. I am reluctant to give out his phone number over the Internet - as good as all our posties are ! Will keep you posted. Regards Styria

OP
G

GreaseMonkey

Hi 'Styria', yes I met John S, Mathew and Vince at the Canada Bay meet in April and look forward to meeting more at Eastern Creek. I am a member of, and got my ticket through, the MB Club NSW so any other members come along and say G'day.
Regards,
Chris M.