CRAYFORD estate seeks new home

More threads by OzBenzHead

OzBenzHead

Master
G'day, folks. :) I hope you and your Benzes are all thriving!

Yes, I'm still breathing; just getting on with life while I can.

Meanwhile ...

Der Rolfwagen seeks a new owner who'll restore him.

This is one of very few remaining unrestored / off-the-road W116 Crayford Estates -- a rare opportunity indeed.

There is neither engine nor transmission in the wagon.

It comes with a spare sedan which contains those mechanicals.

The interior -- apart from the carpets -- is good.

Yes, there is rust -- as usual in the Crayford bog areas and the sills -- but it doesn't have holes as big and scary as that silver one for sale in WA.

It also comes with spare doors (good ones -- no rust) and as many other spare parts, body and mechanical, as you can load into it or a trailer.

Among the spares is a pair of new rubber seals for the rear-side windows, and the custom-made glass for one of those. (It's pair-mate was smashed during transit -- it got to Brisbane in one piece from Germany, but was smashed between Bris and Lismore by some clumsy oaf who can't read "GLASS -- FRAGILE"!)

My health demands I rationalise and simplify, and I'm paying storage that I'd rather not have to bother with.

The vehicle is located in Lismore, northern NSW.

I am not putting a price on it -- make me offers.

Whoever makes the best offer by 14 December is the new owner.

If not adopted by that date, I'm afraid this rare vehicle will end up at the local breaker's yard.

Message me. If appropriate I shall then send you my phone number (it's "silent" / unlisted, so not in the directory, and not the one some of you may have from a couple of years ago).

The countdown is on: this is Day 28.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Lovely to hear from you Gordon.
A Crayford is not on my schedule at the moment but I am sure that someone here with access to a good panel person and his own spray booth could turn it into a worthy wagon with ease.
Good luck with the rationalisation.
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
It is indeed a pleasure to hear from Gordon :D (so rare these days) :eek:

Sad to see that OBH isn't going to do much with Der Rolfwagen, but it is a wise move to see if someone could resurrect it.

Alas, my finances at the moment do not allow me to delve into such a project.

But I am sure if someone wanted to take it on, Jerry would be more than happy to look into it for the lucky new owner.