More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

NewPlates.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The "L" would confuse many:p

B

BAR

Looks great, very suggestive to those that have a left hand thread bent!

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Yeah.. it's funny. A few people (mostly those who just don't know) said.. hahaha.. YES 69 you funny man.. You should have your phone number on the back.
And I was like, damn.... not worth explaining.

The few who do know were like, f*k yeah.. that's sweet as.
Cause a few fella's round town have the YES-58L, YES-50L etc etc...
But there's nothing higher than a 6.0L :)

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Pretty easy to guess what the plate on my car may be......at least I don't have to pay an annual subs to the RTA for them.

Last edited:
OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

I was thinking YMB 69L for me one day - requires getting off H plates though - $$$$$

Tight a$$!!!! :D ;)

I'll have your leads and dizzy etc back for you on the weekend.. will buzz ya.

Cam.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi SELfor50, great plates - almost as good as 'MICHEL'. Guess what you need now - one of them "good as gold" AMG repro spoilers. Just say the word. I am having a couple made up in readiness for whoever. Regards Styria

oscar

Pretty easy to guess what the plate on my car may be......at least I don't have to pay an annual subs to the RTA for them.

I suppose you got that years ago, before the new charges? I got ENZ350 just after they brought in new charges and although on standard B&W plates and standard format (3 letters, 3 numbers(well before the AA11AA format started)), but because I chose those letters and numbers I get charged $90 a year. I know a few people that picked 3 letters, 3 numbers years ago and there's no yearly charge, nor should their be. It just erks me that I missed out. :mad:

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Hi SELfor50, great plates - almost as good as 'MICHEL'. Guess what you need now - one of them "good as gold" AMG repro spoilers. Just say the word. I am having a couple made up in readiness for whoever. Regards Styria

Haha.. yeah, it's almost as good as "MICHEL". :)

Thanks for the offer. I actually have a ridgy didge AMG front spoiler (original) with part number etc etc... that is still sitting with Roger here. (the guy of the org that re-built his 450 engine). He was going to make a copy for himself off that and re-paint it for me. I'll have to call him and ask where it's at.

The spoiler itself came off the Green Ol' Smokey 450 that I got from sydney a few years back. The one that was wrecked.

Oscar, cost of plates in Canberra are a 1 off fee of $400 odd bucks.. and then just rego on-going. So not too bad. Not sure how it works if you wanna sell the plates.. I might have luck at Summernats if I found someone with a 6.9L something (chev, ford, datsun?) that wanted to give me like $20K for the numberplates...... :rolleyes:

Cam.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
You can go to the RTA website and inquire as to which plates may be available for your car, according to your preferences. That is how I obtained my plates. That was some years ago. When I did my original inquiry, SEL 690 was available, as well as the plates that I chose. Maybe SEL 690 is still available. Unfortunately, the RTA now wants an annual subscription.

I don't think I would now be motivated enough to want customised plates, if I were required to pay a subs. If I was now asked to pay a subs. or surrender my plates, it would be 'no brainer' for me, I would surrender my existing plates. That would be a shame.

Last edited:

-bb-

Noble
As much as I would like to get some personalised plates for the 6.9, there is no way I am giving the penny pinching NSW Government (by way of the RTA) a cent more than I have to, therefore I will stick with the normal plates I have now.