More threads by Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
It May or May not be the same. But that is up to the owner to say. :p:p:p

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi all, other than paint, and a couple of suspension 'blemishes', I can't fault my 420SEL. It was only on Friday that I pulled out all mats, spare parts, seat covers etc. and gave her a really good clean out. A couple of days prior, I had washed her, cleaned those rather attractive rims she is sitting on, and fuel consumption, for what is essentially quite a big car, would probably be in the region of 12 liters per 100. I certainly put this car close to the top of my list - she's just so utterly reliable. Regards Styria

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
Excellent Styria sounds like the 420SEL is performing just as a Battleship should!

Styria thank you for the update about the 420SEL.

Cheers.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
W126 Heavy Cruiser not close to being a Battleship. Just not heavy or big enough. :p

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
W126 Heavy Cruiser not close to being a Battleship. Just not heavy or big enough. :p

...I honestly think that its shape is elegant, certainly when viewed from the side. Don't know what it is, but there is more grace to this model when compared with the series 1. Regards Styria

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes a Heavy Cruiser more elegant than a lumbering Battleship. :D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I have said it before they are both Heavy cruisers. W100 & Maybach are modern Battleships. W140 is Battlecruiser. :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
They are motor cars, horseless carriages - why do you want to pretend they are something else?
OK - if you can't decide whether they might be battleships of heavy cruisers why not do some first hand research and drive them into the sea? That will answer your question once and for all time. ;)
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I was having fun at Tim's insistence that a W126 is a Battleship. As for the sea are you mad they are Mercedes they rust. :eek:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Caviar yum. :D But lets return to our regular scheduled post its about Styria's 420 . Which appears to be doing sterling service. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I was having fun at Tim's insistence that a W126 is a Battleship. As for the sea are you mad they are Mercedes they rust. :eek:

These are names that have been around the Mercedes-Benz Club (NSW) former forum.
W126s have always been known as battleships :rolleyes:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Sorry didn't know there was a NSW Forum never seen it. But they don't weigh enough in my mind to be called that just to small. Some US cars nautical terms come to mind after driving them. But Mercedes W116/126 no . Having a W140 changes your reference point somewhat. :D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I think you fellows are quite pathetic - why ? Because you insist on talking about my 'little babycar' as being a lightweight Schlachtschiff. :D Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
These are names that have been around the Mercedes-Benz Club (NSW) former forum.
W126s have always been known as battleships :rolleyes:
Oh bunkum. They are cars - not bloody boats! Put them on a river and they'll sink. They aren't even very big cars; just medium sized ones. There endeth my harangue for the day! :D
This is almost as bad as people who name their cars! Mutter, mutter, mutter ...
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz

Master
Whatever you call your car and what ever make and model of car you have just enjoy the car.

260ebenz

Master
Thank you kind Sir!

They are same wise words my late Father use to tell me all the time.