Mpg Hybrid

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
To Canberra and back 5lts/100 K ==== 56.5 MPG.
Fascinating to watch the Hybrid at work.. charging needle up and down like a Fiddlers Elbow , as the driving conditions dictated, on the fluctuation of the Road. Down Hill and on the Float Charging... Up Hill and on Power Battery, boosting the Petrol Motor. ... Cruise set at 110Kph driving itself !:D

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Yes the technology is the key. The Brains behind it gives me faith for the future.
Our World marches on, in spite of all the "reported" disasters around the World.
This lump of Rock we call Home. I can't get my head around the fact that we are floating in Space around a Star which produced Life. Its energy !:confused:

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, these are quite remarkable figures. I mean, on that basis, there is almost very little call for fully electric vehicles, is there ? I daresay that manufacturers will even be able to improve on those fuel readings in years to come - well, say within the next two to three years.

I wonder however, if there are skilled mechanics around that will be able to deal with mechanical problems once warranty periods expire, or will it become a matter of simply scrapping a car rather than trying to repair it ? Who knows. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
You are on the right track Michael. The skill level at Dealerships is much diminished. For example the Hybrid system repair for all of them is a straight replacement, the old unit being returned to the Factory. What the Factory then does is not known. I guess it is a cost/benefit exercise as training staff around the World would be a mind boggling Cost. I remember that Ford in the early sixties ,when I worked in the USA, for Lincoln/ Mercury Dealerships, they had a sealed for life Differential. So it is just a progression to sealed for life Cars. Much easier to achieve with fully electric cars. ( and Trucks !) One moving Part and no transmission. As it has turned out, Diffs and now currant Hybrids, don't give trouble. That's why we have 7 year warranties !!!!