AUDI A8 Hybrid

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
What do I think of this car - don't know yet, but I promise to read the test in due course. Just as a matter of interest, do we need Hybrid cars ? If so, for what reason. I tend to think it just adds complexity to what are already complex cars. Someone please put me right. Regards Styria

Attachments

• AUDI A8 HYBRID.pdf
    667.5 KB · Views: 3

sean sherry

Master
Never a truer word Styria. I attended a Trade night a couple of years ago on Toyota's, New generation Hybrid, the complexity was mid boggling. And the diagnostics were only available at Dealer Level. I suspect that the cost of production of such vehicles in energy terms, far exceeds the energy saving running the vehicle during its life span.
Flavour of the month as my friend says !

.Sean

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I suspect that the cost of production of such vehicles in energy terms, far exceeds the energy saving running the vehicle during its life span.
.Sean

One must start somewhere and as production numbers increase, so does the cost decrease.

They will eventually be much cheaper

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Michel, I wonder if we will ever see a CHEAP or CHEAPER Audi - I haven't checked, but the price of this car must be nudging the $100 grand mark. Regards Styria

N.B. Well, it doesn't exactly set the world on fire - the way I see it, fuel consumption, when compared with the 'oldies' or 'dinosaurs' aka 'Gleaming Beauty' is probably its strongest suit - however, it's slower in acceleration, has less torque, would cost an absolute bomb to maintain and, to top it off, the price easily nudges the $150K. mark - I am outta here. Regards - might be beautifully finished, but I am not enamored by the styling.

Last edited: