Mil Spec G Wagon's are here!

More threads by Tony66_au

Tony66_au

The title says it all!

Seems Land Rover is on its way out for real now.

They ####ed up the supply contract by showing no interest so the ADF did what any smart cookie would and went to what 90% of Europe use!

The G Wagen!

Headed north around Auguthella........

770cb102.png

150b0d7b.png

abl567

Super Moderator
Even with the long overall length the entrance and departure angles as well as the ramp over look impressive and every component is well tucked away. Very nice!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Well spotted Tony and great pics.

The contract for the new G Class modified vehicles was announced early last year.

Oversize

Grand Master
I could do with one of them for a couple of my steep paddocks! And I reckon they'd be a great tool for you Tony, next time the Rangie gets bogged to the axles! ;)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Bill i would think the alloy wheels will be changed to steel rims at first major workshop service. As i know a couple of the guys that maintained the Landrovers and any shortcomings found in feild work are changed at first major service or update .

OP
Tony66_au

Tony66_au

Alloys are a funny thing though, Well cast quality alloys will withstand far more than steel rims with the only drawback being you have to be a bit careful whacking them back into shape with a hammer.

I paid huge dollars in the 80's for a set of 10 Magnesium alloy rims for my 142 Volvo club rally car that withstood far more than any steel rim ever would have and weighed next to nothing and well made Alloys are a joy to use.

The BF Goodrich All terrains are a worry though lol

Oversize

Grand Master
Beautiful pieces of equipment and thanks for the photos.

I am surprised that they are using alloy wheels.

Bill

Good pickup Bill! I wonder if our secondhand market will be flooded with these wheels in the years to come? The offset would probably be too big for a W116, or W107 anyway....

Oversize

Grand Master
It just occurred to me that it's strange the pollies and other government departments must source their vehicles from Australia and yet it seems the military can get them from anywhere!! Good thing we're on the same team now.... ;)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark you didnt did you OMG you did you MENTIONED THE WAR . LOL :D:D:D:D