Insurance options

More threads by Michel

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Out of curiosity I tried a quote from Enthusiast. They were very competitive for the Spirit so long as I accepted their valuation which was $30,000 less than what it is currently insured for. They would not insure the GTi6 - said it was too old and not worth the amount for which it is currently insured. I'll stay with Shannons.
The PV was totally beyond their comprehension. What scares any insurer is that a serious accident would see a massive repair bill as it is made out of 5 large sheets of alloy shaped entirely by hand. It too will stay with Shannons.
Regards,
Brian

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Out of curiosity I tried a quote from Enthusiast. They were very competitive for the Spirit so long as I accepted their valuation which was $30,000 less than what it is currently insured for. They would not insure the GTi6 - said it was too old and not worth the amount for which it is currently insured. I'll stay with Shannons.
The PV was totally beyond their comprehension. What scares any insurer is that a serious accident would see a massive repair bill as it is made out of 5 large sheets of alloy shaped entirely by hand. It too will stay with Shannons.
Regards,
Brian

As a matter of fact, the two insurance companies i mentioned are owned and staffed by ex-Shannons people who were left bewildered by how Suncorp messed up with the original concept of the Shannons' insurance principle.
I was lucky to have spoken to the owner, who helped me a lot.
Had I known you were going to get a quote, I would have recommended you spoke to him.

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Gents,

Just to let you know, I did ring around to get some quotes, but ended up going with NRMA Veteran, vintage & Classic insurance.
My loyalty bonus helped a lot.
Holden insured for $40k on full rego.
Full salvage rights and all other bonuses similar to Shannon’s.
Only stipulations that are different is that:
You can’t use it to drive to work “every day”
No parking the car un attended in under cover shopping centres.
Neither of these i don’t do anyway.
Premium $367.00
Excess $300.00

Very happy with this.

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That is a good deal Patrick.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
No parking is shopping centres...
Let me tell you; a few years ago Steven took the Spirit to a meeting at Ryde Sport Centre and came back gleefully holding a parking infringement notice.
His argument was it was better to get the fine for parking neatly in 2 car spots than get a scratch on the Spirit.
Quite sensible.
Regards,
Brian
RRM1.jpg

Patrick_R

Grand Master
He’s a good man mate.

That’s good thinking.
A very sensible thought process there.

Besides, a scratch on my future car is not what I’d like to see :D

Yes Michel,
I thought that was pretty good.

Lucky dad made me join the NRMA before I even had a licence :eek:

c107

and 111/116/124/126
I got this car insurance as on Facebook today. Obviously with targeted ads I get various automotive related content. Not sure how good the algorithms are though as I am about the last person the manufacturer can sell their latest SUV to.

This one made me laugh though. I guess the point is that their insurance is so cheap you can sell your crappy old car (the w116) and buy whatever the other car is. C class perhaps? Only problem is that I was thinking how good that w116 was in red and could they move the other car out of the way so I could see the 116 better!

BF61-D13-F-676-A-477-F-9-A41-C54830-FFB148.png

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I simply hate targeted advertising.
You look at something online and all you seem to get for the next fortnight are targeted advertising about that product... :mad::mad::mad:

sean sherry

Master
It is nice to see that I'm not alone in getting Pxxxx off with advertising and insidious marketing . It used to be said that the only way to get off Readers Digest mailing list was to Die. At least I see that most of them now give the option of unsubscribing... be it in minute print:( fonts.