Insurance for 89 560sl

More threads by wine0joe

wine0joe

Hi all
Have been a merc fan my whole life and have owned about 10.
I have recently started a collection of which my first is a magnificent low kms Pajett red 560sl.This car was purchased at Shannons auction in oct 2010. My daily driver is an E55 so this car will only be driven once or twice a month. I need insurance for it and shannons have quoted me $1000. Can any one suggest who else I might try?Keep in mind the car is not 25years old yet and unable to join a merc car club.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Hi all
Have been a merc fan my whole life and have owned about 10.
I have recently started a collection of which my first is a magnificent low kms Pajett red 560sl.This car was purchased at Shannons auction in oct 2010. My daily driver is an E55 so this car will only be driven once or twice a month. I need insurance for it and shannons have quoted me $1000. Can any one suggest who else I might try?Keep in mind the car is not 25years old yet and unable to join a merc car club.

I would suggest you join the MBCC of Victoria and then re-approach Shannons about limited use insurance. Perhaps you need to speak to a superviser at Shannons - don't just take the quote from the first person who answers the phone. An alternative is Lumleys - www.lsvinsurance.com.au and they are certainly keen to do business.
Regards,
Brian

-bb-

Noble
As a reference point, Lumley Special Vehicles insure my 6.9 on an occasional use basis (i.e. not daily driver) for less than $250 per year. Have made a minor claim (replacement windscreen) and it was paid without issue.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I agree with BenzBoy on demanding to speak with a supervisor.
I have all my fleet with Shannons and I pay a very reasonnable rate.
I am entitled to a free windscreen replacement every year for any car.
After a few years, I am now on a max no claim that can never be taken away from me.