Grille Badges

More threads by Des

Des

There's always someone who will go over the top and just cover their grille in badges.

Surely the car would not get the required air flow to cool the radiator and engine.

tb-sc.png

6.9forever

Noble
Has Topklasse come sufficiently of age to consider the commissioning of a badge or sticker? (We have the shirt already...).

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
GRILE.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Has Topklasse come sufficiently of age to consider the commissioning of a badge or sticker? (We have the shirt already...).

Maybe we should consider that ...

Although I am sure the Godfather would have already contemplated it...:D

I put my hand up for one or two ;)

OP
Des

Des

You have some nice badges there Michel,

what is the German Flag badge for?

My 250 is gone but I kept the 100,000k's badge

P1010115-1.png

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
You have some nice badges there Michel,
what is the German Flag badge for?

Thanks Des...

I guess the fact that the Mercedes was German... :rolleyes:

OP
Des

Des

Thanks Des...

I guess the fact that the Mercedes was German... :rolleyes:

ah hum yes....:rolleyes: there is writing underneath the flag and I was wondering if it was for a particular event, date or somesuch?

John S

Perhaps the first photo is an indication of how much cooling air is really required in cold countries?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
ah hum yes....:rolleyes: there is writing underneath the flag and I was wondering if it was for a particular event, date or somesuch?

Ahhhh yes, just the word Deutschland ;)

Styria

The Godfather
Ahhhh yes, just the word Deutschland ;)

.....Deutschland ueber Alles !..it means "germany over everything".

I must admit I am a badge person - I just love nice badges. The ones pictured on Michel's and the German car are just beautiful. Cooling - no worry, a good cooling system would comfortably cope with any of the badges blanking the radiator.

Grille Badge - ..hmm, Michel, a bit early, in all fairness. In my opinion, 'Topklasse' is still walking, we are still very small numbers wise (as to be expected) and right now Admins. preference will be to streamline the operation of the site to a certain extent. Plus, I still have to master the art and 'bear the frustration' of putting pics. on the discussion board. Regards Styria (Please don't ask what pics - it's only too obvious)

Martin280s

Let's also remember the difficulties involved with the badge process which occured on the other W116 forum. There were some very conflicting ideas...mine being included there.

We also must remeber grille badges are lovely but can become tacky too, especially if over done or used like in the first picture. Not to my taste at all.

I have just one (from the other forum), funnily enough they're not too popular over here.

116Benz

I might pass on the grille badge, a tasteful sticker though, I put my hand up for one of those.

116Benz

im thinking of making the topklasse one, a sticker that you could put on not just a W116 or an R107, but some other model Benzes as well.

116Benz

Well, topklasse.org doesnt come accross as a specific model site, BUT it does help expose the site to other Benz enthusiasts wether it be owners or enthusiasts of 116/107 classes.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi guys, the thought of a 'topklasse' badge is exciting and I would like nothing better. However, for any badgemaker to want to talk to you, one needs a minimum number of fifty badges. Our site and discussion board are going great guns all things considered,, but we need a lot more members in order to sell fifty badges.

I have done the costing, which worked out to just about $19.50 each, so therefore I would be looking at an outlay of fifty times that. In addition, two or three people put in a helluva lot of work on the other badge (for no reward, mind you), but these people, particularly Oscar, I could not expect to come to the party.

Whilst it may appear otherwise, 'topklasse' is very much a 116 chassis site, but I am proud of the fact that the Administrators have decided to embrace the 107's as well, and it is heartening and satisfying to see the Talking Torque section so well utilized. This site is for enthusiasts of any description and denomination and we will get the benefit of that philosophy in due course. It just takes a bit of time. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
The badge does NOT need to have a car in it Godfather, nor does it have to be round!

topklasse.org can be manufactured in a straight line
just like an 'automatic' badge on the back of 108s.

It can be fitted across the grille and would look stunning, especially if painted/anodised in different colours and/or chrome (my choice).

My thoughts... ;)

Last edited:

116Benz

Dont get me wrong Styria, it wasnt a dig at the site, the quick way of explaining was that it's not like e.g www.126.de or similiar. A badge as Michel described would look good on a grille.

OP
Des

Des

Just some food for thought, something like this would be nice, and you fit it to any car,

DSCN2411.jpg