Gold 6.9 in QLD

More threads by Lukas

OP
L

Lukas

And the other end of the spectrum - a 280SE which appears very tidy but with 400,000km on the clock for $7k.

EBay

-bb-

Noble
Not much info on the 6.9 at all, and the photos are about as helpful. From what you can see, it looks tidy but rough. For example, the rear seat is in a bad way, the leather on the front seats is very dirty, the rear suspension is down compared to the front, the rear bumper bar has a few dings or something and I wonder whether the paint on the rear right door is a bit faded - although that could be the photo.

The buy now price of $10k is very high based on what I can see in the pics, although one would need to see/inspect it to tell for sure.

On the other hand, that 280 looks fantastic. I dont really know what these are worth, but would be interested in what others think.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi bb, I think you have summed up the 6.9 very well. It looks quite sad and neglected. As you know, itdoesn't take long for expenditure to get out of hand - that is, if you want to have a nice car that you can be proud of. I'd leave that car to the Queenslanders. Regards Styria

TJ 450

It looks reasonable to me, although the interior is a bit worse for wear. They do say it is sold as is, although it also states that it has a statutory warranty, which seems to be contradictory.
I would imagine that this car needs all the usual work and more done to it and if you are not mechanically inclined, it will get out of hand extremely quickly. Otherwise, it could be a good buy if the rust is under control.

Tim

-bb-

Noble
it could be a good buy if the rust is under control

Based on what you can tell from ebay, it's not a good buy at their asking price of $10k. Way overpriced.

The current bid of $3.8k is below the reserve, and I am willing to bet that the reserve is a lot closer to $10k.

Last edited:

116Benz

I'll hedge a bet that the reserve is 10k. I threw in a bid at 3k, but even then i'd be scared about what I bought if I won it.

CraigS

The seller is the owner of German Wrecking in Brisbane. Yes, it is overpriced. I know the car. Has been for sale for some time.

Styria

The Godfather
The seller is the owner of German Wrecking in Brisbane. Yes, it is overpriced. I know the car. Has been for sale for some time.

Hi CraigS, what do you think the value of the car would be ?...and has he had it for long. Are you able to reveal more details regarding condition of the car ? Regards Styria