Ford GTHO Phase 111

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi guys things like this still amaze me . this car was only advertised by the Classic Throttle Shop last week at $320000 it is now under offer. People still cling to the Myth it was the fastest 4 door sedan in the world when it was new. It was only faster than 6.3 with rev limiter removed in top speed . I also believe there was a Maserati sedan that was faster at the time. http://www.classicthrottleshop.com/car17.html :confused:

Oversize

Grand Master
How did the top speed compare to the 6.9? And I wonder how they all compare 0-100kmh...

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And 6.9 has slightly higher top speed but weight means its about a second slower over quarter mile. :)

Oversize

Grand Master
And 6.9 has slightly higher top speed but weight means its about a second slower over quarter mile. :)

Well I'm sure we can fix that!! ;):p:D:cool:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Apparently AMG 6.9 with 375hp spec motor did quarter in 14.5 seconds. That will do as a starting point. :D;):cool: Drags start September if I am still here . If not country Victoria sounds like fun. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
Damn good for such a high diff and only a 3sp trans.... And a full size car with electrics and AC!!

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Mark I believe Australian / US version did 15.7 seconds for the quarter mile going on old road test and Euro did 15.2 seconds. So we will see were I end up and what power level is. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
I'd say the official Aussie figures were NQR.... :)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
What you think it was slower. Remember Wheels tested a XB GT it did 16.2 seconds for quarter mile. And XD ESP like I used to own did 15.8 seconds and was rated at 149kw . :eek:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Oh and another requirement is for my 6.9 to be faster than Ants 6.3 after he fits EFI. :D:p

Oversize

Grand Master
No, I think the Aussie 6.9 would be faster than the US version. Less smog stuff and lighter bumpers after all!!!

BTW I used to have an XE ESP 4.9 4 speed

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I used to own White XD ESP 5.8 4 speed . If you get hold of brute horsepower 2000 summernats video mine is near the start of video with some wally sticking out his tongue as they drive by. And pictured under FM104 banner in sound off. :eek: Slow it down you can see my first wife cringing. :)

abl567

Super Moderator
Oh and another requirement is for my 6.9 to be faster than Ants 6.3 after he fits EFI. :D:p

Quicker or Faster?

And challenge accepted, it will take time but challenge accepted:cool:

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Quicker say wsid . Probably have Buckleys I know of beating a 6.3 as it is so much lighter. But its good to have ambitions . :D

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Sounds like a reason to get together and track day. :D

Oversize

Grand Master
I'll be there!! :D