Automatic Gearbox Additive

More threads by Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
In summarizing, I need to talk about the car in general - what I like, and what I don't like. From the outset,one area that needs improvement greatly is the quality of suspension. Quite harsh, overly firm and there are still some bushes somewhere that should have been replaced. On that score, I am disappointed. Otherwise, very little to complain about. It is a great workhorse with its quite large loading area, but also a false floor pof substantial proportions. Check out these pictures:20200127_181827.jpg20200127_181853.jpg20200127_181905.jpg20200127_181910.jpg20200127_181924.jpg20200127_181944.jpg20200127_181944.jpg20200127_182017.jpg20200127_182017.jpg20200127_181944.jpg20200127_182029.jpg20200127_182035.jpg

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Sorry, I got a few too many. Performance wise ? Nothing has been done to the engine except a service as part of the overall work. It certainly pulls more strongly, with additional immediacy, and fuel consumption is fair at about 13 liters to the 100. Recent trip to the Central Coast yielded 10 litres per 100. For a car with the mileage indicated, that is more than acceptable. The gearbox ? Lucky old me, is perfect. BTW, the Captiva comes with a full size spare, located in a cradle below the boot floor. Ergonomically, for a car that was designed "in a hurry" with little development back in 2006 (year of manufacture), it is beyond reproach. Very comfortable seats (1200 kms. in a day - to Coffs and back), no water leaks body wise, or in heavy rain for that matter, all body rubbers still totally pliable, no wind noise irrespective of speed, and now starts immediately on the touch of the key, what more can I ask for ? Ah, nothing, except for..........a reversing camera. Otherwise, I am as happy as a pig in mud up to my eyeballs. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I took the CLK430 to Pymble and back via the M7 and M2 to buy another Benz ☺️

Patrick_R

Grand Master
Sorry, I got a few too many. Performance wise ? Nothing has been done to the engine except a service as part of the overall work. It certainly pulls more strongly, with additional immediacy, and fuel consumption is fair at about 13 liters to the 100. Recent trip to the Central Coast yielded 10 litres per 100. For a car with the mileage indicated, that is more than acceptable. The gearbox ? Lucky old me, is perfect. BTW, the Captiva comes with a full size spare, located in a cradle below the boot floor. Ergonomically, for a car that was designed "in a hurry" with little development back in 2006 (year of manufacture), it is beyond reproach. Very comfortable seats (1200 kms. in a day - to Coffs and back), no water leaks body wise, or in heavy rain for that matter, all body rubbers still totally pliable, no wind noise irrespective of speed, and now starts immediately on the touch of the key, what more can I ask for ? Ah, nothing, except for..........a reversing camera. Otherwise, I am as happy as a pig in mud up to my eyeballs. Regards Styria
Styria,
I had a diesel Captiva as a company car, and like you I enjoyed it.
The diesel was a non turbo, and a little sluggish, but was ultra reliable, and extremely good on fuel.
Like your pics showed, the storage was quite amazing.
I did nearly 200,000 in that Captiva, and it never missed a beat.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Congrats on the purchase.

Post some photos on a new thread when you get a chance. I’m quite familiar with the 124 and 211 wagons but not the one in between. these MB wagons are great cars.
I will… i haven’t picked it up yet…
And it needs a bit of work
But great value for money

sean sherry

Master
Styria..... A Reversing Camera now fitted to the 2010 C 200 by "Adam Auto Accessories" It is better and clearer than the Factory Camera in the new Mitsubishi Eclipse Cross. 0405 221 994

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, thanks for the tip. I will give this man a phone call TODAY - that's how badly I want one installed in two cars, if the price is anywhere within cooee of being reasonable.

BTW, I think I did well to solder on with the Captiva for just on two and a half years. In another thread on the Captiva somewhere else on our forum, I referred to starting/non starting/self starting issues with the car - that's all gone now although, I am certain, that no one has fixed any of those issues - really, they seem to have fixed themselves. Again, lucky lucky boy. Regards Styria
That is a fairly big undertaking and certainly the price was sharp. Well done.
Regards,
Brian
Thank you Benz Boy. It was quite co incidental that one of Marteen's relations (an Afghani - a good guy and my mechanic) was loking for a used gearbox. Apparently, $3K. was the going rate, so he/his relations, decided to scrap the car.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, thanks for the tip. I will give this man a phone call TODAY - that's how badly I want one installed in two cars, if the price is anywhere within cooee of being reasonable.

BTW, I think I did well to solder on with the Captiva for just on two and a half years. In another thread on the Captiva somewhere else on our forum, I referred to starting/non starting/self starting issues with the car - that's all gone now although, I am certain, that no one has fixed any of those issues - really, they seem to have fixed themselves. Again, lucky lucky boy. Regards Styria

Thank you Benz Boy. It was quite co incidental that one of Marteen's relations (an Afghani - a good guy and my mechanic) was looking for a used gearbox. Apparently, $3K. was the going rate, so he/his relations, decided to scrap the car.