Audi TT

More threads by Des

Des

Styria, Michel and others who are interested in my adventures......

I have had the TT now a few weeks, its an Ice Silver TT, with already 2,145k's on the clock.

I have been firstly very impressed with the customer service I have received from my local Audi/VW dealership, they have looked after me perfectly.

Regarding the TT, I love it, for a small car it is unusual for me to like it, I'm a large sized person and I fit well into the car with ample headroom. The TT handles so well, get it on a tight bit of road and you feel like a pro driving it. There is so much grip, turn in, you feel the front dig in and hold to the road, it is an easy car for someone who isn't a pro driver to drive well, it doesn't feel like it is going to throw you off the road.

It is also nice to own something that is a bit rare and exclusive, for a while there was no Audi dealership here so they are uncommon to see on the road.

I really have no complaints, it is very easy to speed and be an idiot, can't really blame the car for that though can I?

A W116 may be a while off yet, I would enjoy owning another one, although the dream of another Bentley or a RR is very strong.

Impulse buying is a killer, if or when I go down this road again I would hopefully this time listen to the advice of people like Michel who I understand waited and looked for a long time for the right example.

Kind Regards
Des

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice to know you're having fun with the TT Des.

We've missed your posts and I certainly hope you'll be around here and I look forward to seeing you in April.

You never know, we might go for a drive in the Queen of Sheba :D

OP
Des

Des

Dear Michel

My only real disappointment, which that is what it really is, rather than a complaint is the interior, they just don't make interior cabins like they used to. That is really my big "let down" with most cars, I want the interior to be as graceful as the exterior, it should be wood paneled like a gentleman club, like a cigar lounge, like a RR, maybe that is where my true aspirations lay?

I am sure we would be all interested to hear more about your lovely RR, apart from your test vehicles for work do you use this as your daily driver?

Mercules

Spiltting lanes
Enough about RRs - did you get the Audi TT turbo or V6?

I really like the new ones - big improvement over earlier models :cool:

Mercules

Spiltting lanes
Awesome - I have played around with an R32 Golf that has the same drivetrain - have seen one lapping Wakefield very quickly... behave yourself!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My only real disappointment, which that is what it really is, rather than a complaint is the interior, they just don't make interior cabins like they used to. That is really my big "let down" with most cars, I want the interior to be as graceful as the exterior, it should be wood paneled like a gentleman club, like a cigar lounge, like a RR, maybe that is where my true aspirations lay?

No manufacturer other than RR and Bentley (to an extend) still fit genuine timbers in their vehicles (ahh sorry I forgot the Maybach. BTW, no sales of Maybachs in 2007 in Australia :eek: )

I am sure we would be all interested to hear more about your lovely RR, apart from your test vehicles for work do you use this as your daily driver?

I don't drive the Spur everyday.... but I endeavouir at least once or twice a week for a longer drive... Remember I only live 5-10 minutes from work.

OP
Des

Des

Do Maybach have their own showrooms or do you buy them through your MB dealership?

I notice there is 2 on carsales at the moment,

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Maybach will open a new dedicated section of MBS when MBS moves to new premises in late 2008 or early 2009. There will also be a dedicated Smart area. In fact, the whole concept will raise the profile of Mercedes-Benz in Sydney to a new level.
Regards,
BenzBoy