Audi Q5

More threads by Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I'm been thinking about a replacement for the 2001 Fairmont and have narrowed it down to a 2013 (ish) 3L diesel Audi Q5. I'd really like a SQ5 but they're currently way out of my price range.

Anyone have any opinions or experience with the model, or Audi in general? Obviously I'm concerned about high maintenance costs and common faults.

Styria

The Godfather
I am not really qualified to comment on Audi maintenance costs, but from what I have read and gleaned over the years, they will break you unless you have a watertight warranty with any car you would purchase. Talk about Porsche, Volkswagen, Mercedes (yes) and Audi - all in the same category. Regards Styria

N.B. Perhaps Michel, Helmet may be able to elaborate further. You can also include Range and Land Rover in that group.

Helmet

Connoisseur
Audi engines and transmissions are generally unreliable. Having said that the 3lt in the Q5 does drive nicely. Have you driven a new Mazda to compare ?

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
I think all newish cars can break you if something goes wrong! And it doesn't even have to be a major component. Apparently headlights for the Jeep Grand Cherokee are between $4-$5k each!!
I'm not looking at a new car; just a newer one... The Audi has some very impressive specs which made it rather attractive.