Aston Martins.com

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
If it is Aston Martins that are your cup of tea, then this site is a great way to investigate this very British like manufacturer. Believe it or not, I used to be a member of the Aston Martin Owners Club in England, and I also met Alan Puckett, the Sydney representative, on a number of occasions. I still have the AM badge, plus a small lapel badge, as well as an original Aston Martin cigarette lighter.

I've been privileged to drive two DB5s back to back (the James Bond type) and I vividly recall the stunning acceleration (compared to a Rover 3 litre Coupe) and the ability for the rev counter needle to swing to 4000 rpm at the touch of the throttle. Just a nice memory nowadays. Regards Styria

http://www.astonmartins.com/index.html

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
More on Aston Martin - this is an article on the DB5.

Attachments

• Aston Martin DB5_NEW.pdf
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
More on Aston Martin - this time the DBS - a slightly grown up version of the DB5 - in my view, whilst [possessing of absolutely classic lines, not the same as a DB5 or DB6. I wish I could have afforded one when they were cheap - today ? The sky's the limit.

Attachments

• Aston Martin DBS_NEW.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 1
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
.....and the doyen of all DB4 variants - the DB4GT built by Zagato. You could not mistake those lines as anyone else's. In total, Zagato built twenty five, whilst the factory built seventy five.

Attachments

• ASTON MARTIN GT ZAGATO.pdf
    2.7 MB · Views: 4
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I must admit that I had forgotten about the "new" red Zagato built under the auspices of Victor Gauntlett's stewardship as Company Director. Interesting to read "of buoyancy and enthusiasm" having regard to the Company's subsequent history. The shape of the car itself ? Somewhat lacking in something - to my eyes it looks like a Lego Special, just no elegance, no whatever........perhaps I am a little unkind, perhaps it is the colour, perhaps it is the fact that the photographs hide the appearance of the wheels. Anyway, if you could find one for sale, its asking price would probably be phenomenal. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I must admit that I had forgotten about the "new" red Zagato built under the auspices of Victor Gauntlett's stewardship as Company Director. Interesting to read "of buoyancy and enthusiasm" having regard to the Company's subsequent history. The shape of the car itself ? Somewhat lacking in something - to my eyes it looks like a Lego Special, just no elegance, no whatever........perhaps I am a little unkind, perhaps it is the colour, perhaps it is the fact that the photographs hide the appearance of the wheels. Anyway, if you could find one for sale, its asking price would probably be phenomenal. Regards Styria
That is because by then the Zagatos no longer owned Zagato. There in lies a very sad tale.
Regards,
Brian