P1020838.jpg

I have posted a complete album of my car at:

photobucket.com/450SEL6_9

VIN 11603622004811
Engine 10098522004933

Cheers.

Oversize

Grand Master
Isn't she beautiful!!! :cool::D Well done on keeping her soooo pristine!! Sadly I couldn't find your album... Pointers/help???

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Nice i see she is an Adeliade car :D

OP
6.9forever

6.9forever

Noble
Originally Whyalla then Adelaide then Sydney with me and now Sunny Coast.

Oversize

Grand Master
Has she won any awards??? :rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, silly boy ! Blattenhauser is a 'MALE' ! If it was a female, it would be '...hause' - no "R' at the end. Anyway, all's forgiven. David's car - one of the nicest, and very finest 6.9s that you'll ever find. Very unusual in white exterior, and the parchment coloured cloth interior. He really treasures 'Blattenhauser" and I have had a little input in keeping the car in great condition - been privileged to do so. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
Unfortunately MB never taught me German during my time in apprentice training!!! HE is very handsome!!!!! If HE hasn't been entered into a concourse comp then I think it's time.....

Styria

The Godfather
Mark, it's only when you see these photos that you're reminded again just how nice a condition David's car is in. Just as a matter of interest, among the publications that David is showing is a book (not a workshop manual) dealing almost exclusively with the 6.9. It is indeed a very rare book the original of which is with a well known Mercedes identity in New York - the book was never returned from that source ! What you're looking at now is a high quality, professionally bound, photocopy of that book. I had quite a few of those, all sold bar one (I think). Anyone interested ? If I can find it, it'd be $35.00 plus postage. Regards Styria

Oversize

Grand Master
I haven't looked at all the pics yet, but memememememeeme!!!! :)

Oversize

Grand Master
Well I just had a look at all the pics and all I can say is that the bench is well and truely marked.... :cool::):)

OP
6.9forever

6.9forever

Noble
Well I just had a look at all the pics and all I can say is that the bench is well and truely marked.... :cool::):)

Thank you Mark -

I am very glad to be the custodian of this car and believe it is vital that the better examples are kept in original unmodified condition as a living record of what the designers and makers intended, now 40 years ago. Otherwise we'd only have the books, brochures and magazines to remind us - not the same thing.

I am glad to have posted the photos in time for the 40th birthday of the W116, being the first "official" S-Class.

Oversize

Grand Master
I am very glad to be the custodian of this car and believe it is vital that the better examples are kept in original unmodified condition as a living record of what the designers and makers intended, now 40 years ago. Otherwise we'd only have the books, brochures and magazines to remind us - not the same thing.

I am glad to have posted the photos in time for the 40th birthday of the W116, being the first "official" S-Class.

Spot on!!

You just reminded me to go and buy that magazine. I really hope they haven't sold out....

OP
6.9forever

6.9forever

Noble
Re magazines:

I am a bit of an addict, so I subscribe (via MB Club UK membership) to MB Club UK "Gazette" and MB Classic. Then separately I received MB Enthusiast and the MB Club QLD mag "Super Star" as well as the MB Australia mag.

When you're busy with family, work, study, footy, gym and travel and everything else, time slips by and you can miss out - I keep them all (like I said, an addict ...).

Cheers.