1996 Aston Martin Virage Volante

More threads by motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi guys I personally would love to own one off these as I had a poster of one in my garage in the early 90's . While the design may not be as elegant as older AM designs or its modern replacement the DB7 . This model is significant as it was the last true coach built Aston Martin it was built by hand in very low numbers the way all Astons had been built . And was the last model built on the old David Brown BD Chassis dating back to the 60's . Which was also fitted with the last Aston Martin designed 5.3 litre quad cam V8 . Cars that came after this were modern production line brought about by Fords Purchase of AM built on Jaguar XJS chassis and at first 3.2 Supercharged versions of Jaguars straight 6 . http://www.coys.co.uk/showrooms.php?itemID=4836

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
The last of the old school Astons that can trace there lineage back to David Brown era. :)

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I personally love this model Aston Martin I bought a poster of the twin supercharger Vantage they had on display at the Sydney International Motor show back in the early 90's . I sill have Triple M coffee mug from that show. Interestingly it says made in Australia on the bottom . I think its the only coffee mug I own now that is not made in China or Italy.:)

abl567

Super Moderator
I remember those coffee mugs as it was one of the first orders I won after returning from living in the UK, made a very tidy profit for my company and my fathers company who produced them;)

Styria

The Godfather
It is indeed a small world. You know Ant, good old Geoff (Motec 6.9) ought to bring it along for if, and when, we have our next GTG at your palace. What do you think ? For the sake of melancholy ? Regards Styria

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Alas the poster has long since departed this world. But Coffee mug still going strong. :)