A 6.3 at home

More threads by abl567

abl567

Super Moderator
I had to deliver a few bottles of cold bubbly to Karen on Friday, she was at an industry golf day, I snuck a couple of pics on this gravel drive.

DSC00301.jpg
DSC00299.jpg
DSC00300.jpg

The one pic I regret missing was my 6.3 in front of goverment house in Sydney, my father was awarded a OAM and we all went to the presentation in the 6.3.
As we were leaving one of the chaps on the door suggested the photo, red carpet from the back door and all.

Soft afternoon light, a magnificent building as a backdrop, the 6.3 gleaming

and flat batteries in the camera:(

BTW I have now cleaned the camera lens so the muck at the top of the pics is gone:eek:

Des

This metallic blue is a great colour, soft and helps highlight the classic lines of the car, without being too brash or bold.

Nice!

G

GreaseMonkey

That 6.3 would look good anywhere, park it at Woolies and take a photo, still a top car.
Nice,
C.M.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi guys, not only is abl567 totally enamored by the virtues and qualities that one derives from ownership of his 6.3. What's even more admirable is the time and effort he puts in to keep it in top condition.

His car started a new life probably some twenty five years ago when she was bought at auction in slightly damaged condition, but in due course she was brought back to restored and repaired condition....

abl567s300SEL63001.jpg

This was a huge project - back to bare metal re-spray in Diamond Blue (it had previously been Dunkel Blau - dark blue), rebuilt engine and transmission..

abl567s300SEL63002.jpg.......

and in a round about way, it broke the hearts of a few people. There was also a completely new interior - genuine GAHH leather, carpets made up by Parks when he was but a snotty nosed apprentice, and I refurbished the timber - still looks good today after all these years. Just a short anecdote about Anthony's pride and joy. Regards Styria

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Now there's a young Mr Styria in the pic :D

Oversize

Grand Master
After and before.... Thought I'd drag this one up from the depths!!! Now don't give him too much of a hard time!!! :D

WiSeGuYY

Hey GODFATHER & ALL

That is sure pritty pictures of the documented job done , You must be proud when you see what you accomplished , it is real fine car , i might regret what i did in my version of cut and past to make it as MICHEL keep saying a PIGLET

REGARDS

TAREK

Styria

The Godfather
After and before.... Thought I'd drag this one up from the depths!!! Now don't give him too much of a hard time!!! :D

It's actually abl567 in his younger days - at least, that's what I told 260Benz. Looking at that pic., it's amazing to realize just how much time can help to improve one's appearance and enhanced good looks. Nowadays, the obligatory cigarette has walked out the back door (4.5 years ago), but I don't really feel any the better for it. The hair is still there, and I am glad to say that the car has found a new home with Anthony. Regards Styria

260ebenz

Master
Tricked me hey Styria?
:D

Congrats giving up the smokes 4.5yrs ago that's amazing mate!

See you on Sunday.

Cheers.

WiSeGuYY

Hey GODFATHER

If that was ABL i the PHOTO , and i think it show resebmlance with your photo , are there a chance you are related ? i also thought it was you in the golden days.

Regards

TAREK