6.9 For Sale - Newcastle Area

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
An Austrian acquaintance of mine is quite desperate to sell his Astral Silver 6.9. The interior is the mandatory Blue. He has no longer any use for the car and it has been languishing in factory premises for probably the last two years or thereabouts. Therefore, it is unregistered.

Now, I know that he paid $10k. for the car, and he has spent the best part of a further $3k. on mechanical work, primarily suspension. He has an invoice for that work. He assures me that the car is in very good mechanical condition but I cannot testify to that. It has some rust in the roof/sliding roof but seems to be okay otherwise. I have told him he would be hard pressed to get more than $4k., or perhaps a little under that figure, but any prospective purchaser should be able to negotiate a reasonable price. For his contact details, please phone me on my mobile - 0428-50-1800. Regards, Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi everyone, bb has been kind enough to provide us with a comprehensive report as well as video on this car. I don't know if anyone has any real interest following that report, but I will talk to the owner and see what his bottom line is. It obviously needs a fair bit of work. Will keep everyone posted. Regards, Styria

-bb-

Noble
My post on the car:

Ok, had a look at the car yesterday and did some filming. Youtube link will be posted as soon as I edit it.

This one is really sad, both from the perspective of its current condition and the fact that it was clearly once a nice car and it has just been left out in the open to rot. It is parked out on the open with the nose under a tree and with cars that are being wrecked all around it.

Apparantly it was taken to its current location for storage purposes, but I wonder whether it has actually been treated as a source of (some) spare parts because the front bar is missing, as are the headlight wipers and the bonnet logo and the badges on the boot.

The bloke who owns the place its located at wasnt much interested in locating the keys or providing some jump start facilities, so I have no idea if it starts, how it runs, whether the suspension pumps up or if anything else works.

There is significant rust around the sunroof, also there is rust around the back window, on the bootlid, on the bottoms of the doors and around various places low on the body such as the sills. I didnt see any rust in the floor under the carpet pannels. Because the car was on its guts and I didnt have the facilities to start it, I couldnt look in the wheel arches or under it.

The sunroof has been sealed up with silastic and the rust holes have been taped over with some sort of tape. The tape was very detiriorated and peeling away, so it aint sealing up much.

It smelt like it has had moisture in it for quite a whole and it had ants everywhere in it as well as what looks like nests made by some sort of rodent. With the seals how they are and with the rust holes around the sunroof, it would have water come in every time it rains.

The paint is obviously in a condition consistant with being out in the open for some time, but was in better condition that I thought it would be. The carpets are ok - ants, smell and moisture aside. The seat leather is ordinary; plenty of cracks and tears.

It has 207000 k's but I have no idea whether that is genuine because I could find no documentation in the car.

I couldnt put a price on this one because I have no idea of it starts, drives and whether anything works. In its current state, I dont think its money is very high at all. That said, I have seen people take on projects that are much worse and given its condition and the fact that the owner wants to sell quite badly, it could be a bargain.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Thanks bb, much appreciated - great report and 'detective' work. "Bond 007" badge on its way. :D Regards Styria