160MPH speedo

More threads by Michel

abl567

Super Moderator
Yes 108/109, with floor shift but not from a 6.3, has a clock instead of a tach

Styria

The Godfather
Michel, something doesn't gel. Sure enough, as Anthony points out, it is from a 108/109 - certainly not from a 6.3 on account of the clock that's situated in the middle of the instrument binnacle. However, if you have a closer look at the instrument, you'll see speedometer readings expressed in miles, yet the speedo itself shows kilometers. What I think has happened is that the 'miles reading' interface is an accessory item and has been glued over the original readings.

Furthermore, I have a speedometer (6.3) that reads to 260 kilometers - I have been advised by members on the M100 site that there is no such part as a speedo that reads to 260 - 240 seems to be the maximum. Closer examination of my speedo indicates that an interface has been glued on - very professionally though, I must say. It certainly looks , well, genuine. Regards Styria

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Michel, something doesn't gel. Sure enough, as Anthony points out, it is from a 108/109 - certainly not from a 6.3 on account of the clock that's situated in the middle of the instrument binnacle. However, if you have a closer look at the instrument, you'll see speedometer readings expressed in miles, yet the speedo itself shows kilometers. What I think has happened is that the 'miles reading' interface is an accessory item and has been glued over the original readings.
Regards Styria

You're absolutely right Godfather.

By enlarging the pic you can easily see that the band of 'miles per hours' reading is over the gears markings at 35, 60 and 90...

Clever..., but useless...:rolleyes:

abl567

Super Moderator
Well spotted, must be a US 85 mph speedo with a dodgy km/h conversion from a '72 108/109. As I recall DOT regs called for these when the 55 mph national limit was introduced

Oversize

Grand Master
:eek::eek: