Concours preparation

More threads by 260ebenz

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thats interesting, can't remember seeing a blue one in a W126 ?

Hello Helmet,

Same here I have not seen a blue tool kit pouch in a W126 as well.

I have seen burgundy and also green tool kits.

There is also grey Mercedes tool kits as well I believe?

The blue kit pouch has the exact same part numbers Mercedes provided me with.

Part numbers on the blue kit are: A1245801003

The tools have Mercedes-Benz displayed on the kits, as you saw in the photos I posted today.

The 300SE has the original burgundy tool kit which as I have said is poor condition, would not be up to a Concourse standard.

I have been told by a MBCNSW Member that the blue tool kit pouch is fine and I won't lose points for the colour of the kit.

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Thanks Brian.

I will be back polishing tomorrow & Saturday two busy days ahead of me!

Called into the MBCCC President's house today he has 3 Mercedes out on the driveway and one in the garage.

Now that is a full house if you ask me lots of Mercedes!

Club President had a look at the door jams & hinges he was impressed with my detailing work.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Keep it up Tim you will be fine. :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
One day to go Tim - I'm sorry I will not be able to join you on Sunday as we have our own Concours the same day. I am sure you will do well.
Regards,
Brian

And i won't be able to join either of you :eek:

I've just returned from O/S and I'll be spending all day Sunday at work :(

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Sorry for the late reply guys busy yesterday detailing the car.

Vacuumed the car including the boot.

Removed the tyre jack cleaned the jack just with soap & water.

Jack was in quite clean condition.

Washed the spare alloy again just with soap & water the wheel sat in the sun to dry.

Once the alloy was dry polished the inside & outside of the alloy.

Check out the foot rests they have come up like new!

Today I have to wash & clay bar the car.

Polish the car with my recently purchased AG SRP.

Apply 303 Aerospace to the black rubber door seals.

The wheel arches have been degreased and air dried underneath looks like new.

My plan was to apply silicone spray to underneath the wheel arches that should be fine to do that yes or no?

Also apply the silicone spray to any parts of the engine that are coloured black.

I imagine it would be fine to spray the silicone to the above areas of the engine bay?

The silicone spray leaves a nice shine but not overly 'glossy or greasy shine'.

Sorry to hear Brian & Michel you can not make it tomorrow.

Anyhow guys good to chat to you it's time to get back to work!

Cheers.

Attachments

• IMG_0450.jpg
    IMG_0450.jpg
    307 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0474.jpg
    IMG_0474.jpg
    276 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0476.jpg
    IMG_0476.jpg
    194.9 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_0466.jpg
    IMG_0466.jpg
    219.7 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0464.jpg
    IMG_0464.jpg
    463 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0462.jpg
    IMG_0462.jpg
    423.5 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0454.jpg
    IMG_0454.jpg
    281.4 KB · Views: 2
  • IMG_0451.jpg
    IMG_0451.jpg
    268.5 KB · Views: 3

BenzBoy

Grand Master
All is looking positive Tim.
I have already answered your question about the wheel arches.
If they are painted do not put anything on them.
If they have black plastic liners you can use a silicone spray after you arrive at the Concours. If you use it at home it will attract dust on the way and will need to be wiped down again.
Regards,
Brian

OP
260ebenz

260ebenz

Master
Well glad to say finally I finished detailing the 300SE today phew what a relief!

Early to bed tonight and an early start to a long day tomorrow.

Looking forward to the Concourse.

iPad on the charge ready to take photos tomorrow.

I will post up photos when I get back from Sydney.

Wish me luck for tomorrow guys!

And again thank you for your advice guys it is most appreciated.

Cheers.
:)

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
And after this we can turbo it . Put 20 inch wheels on and body kit and pimp it. :eek:

Styria

The Godfather
Tim, I just saw this in one of your posts - you paid two grand to have wheels painted ? I'll just say that's a hell of a lot of money. Sel69L paid less than one third of that amount to have his 15"inchers done. Regards. Styria

..........Your car must owe you the proverbial bomb by now. Anyway, I'll see you tomorrow.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I paid 700 for my Penta's to be done and they are beautiful . :D

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I paid 700 for my Penta's to be done and they are beautiful . :D

That's what it should normally cost... $150 to $200 a wheel depending on how much work there is.
But then again Tim supplied a car.
The body shop removed wheels/tyres, stored the car in house for a few weeks, had them sent to be sandblasted (extra $$$$) and then repainted them.
All of that is above what the normal person would do, which is supply the body shop with rims and ask to have them repainted.

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Like I said Simon at wheel gleam was recommended by dealer and Kimrh from ozbenz could not be happier with results. :D powered coating had to be removed before painting and polishing .

Attachments

• $_20-1.jpeg
    $_20-1.jpeg
    68.8 KB · Views: 2
  • 6.9 #5.jpg
    6.9 #5.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 2

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Good looking wheels Geoff

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yes I am holding of from fitting until the car is painted and can do the wheels proud. :D

Styria

The Godfather
Well, the concours came and has gone. I did take some photos, but have presently difficulty in transferring those photos onto my PC. Something to do with my new Windows 7 programme. Unfortunately Tim missed out - the competition was absolutely red hot. I did take the opportunity to examine tim's concours efforts in some detail - he did a great job, and the car was a credit to him. As I said, there was some stiff competition.

It was a magnificent day - beautiful sunshine, gorgeous venue and a wonderful array of cars on display. I entered Gleaming Beauty in the modified class, and after an epic battle with the other car, she finished a close second daylight margin to the winner. :D. Okay, 2nd better than third, but just in case you missed it, there were just the two cars in Class 21. Thus, to a certain degree my efforts were meaningless, but that aspect is of little importance. It was the fact that quite a number of people expressed their appreciation of the condition and general appearance of GB, and I took those compliments with both hands. I also saw CraigS with his magnificent 300 Adenauer - how beautiful can beautiful be - just look at his car. No doubt, this man knows his stuff. Pictures to follow in due course.

BTW, when leaving the venue, someone asked me what GB sounds like with the special exhaust system. Thus, once I had a clear road ahead, it was first gear and some crescendo for about two to three hundred meters. Changed up to second approaching the long hill, and once the power band hit two and a half, all hell broke loose. I know, I know - it sounds stupid and childish, but honestly.....I am not kidding. So that was the day that was. Very enjoyable. Regards. Styria