What the wind blew in

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
It is a Rolls Royce, of course, to have the upholstery polish put on by Parks in due course. BenzBoy would more than likely recognize the model.

Interestingvehicles001.jpg

Interestingvehicles002.jpg

Interestingvehicles004.jpg

Interestingvehicles005.jpg

Interestingvehicles007.jpg

Interestingvehicles003.jpg

A bit rough and ready, but there isn't anything that money can't fix. She is a full recent import from the old country, but the feature that impreassed most was the absolute silence of the engine running - whisper quiet. I believe it is a Park Ward model.

Also, the same owner owns this 3.8 Mark II Jaguar, with Parks already having retrimmed the car. Unfortunately, because of the angle of the car's position, and lighting conditions, just a couple of pics.

Interestingvehicles014.jpg

Interestingvehicles015.jpg

Interestingvehicles016.jpg

Please be assured that the job is perfect - leather uphlstery, carpets, headlining - you'd be hard pressed to find better.

Regards Styria

Tony66_au

Lumbar support eh................................ :)

I love both of em but especially the Mk II.

Im having major Jag withdrawals today finding old pics of my Mk X.

Love em

Oversize

Grand Master
The Jag's just beautiful! What a great job Parks did with the upolstery! WOW! And the woodgrain plus steering wheel are just divine!

I noticed the BCF fire extinguisher in the RR. Probably the best type available, but sadly banned by the authorities. I might still have one lying around.... ;)

Tony66_au

Mark, Old English cars and fire extinguishers go hand in hand mate.

My last Jag had 2 small BCF's in the cabin and a large CO2 unit in the boot.

260ebenz

Master
Blue MK2 Jaguar I like the colour and the leather and wood work repairs are first class!

Top post Godfather!

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Brian it is a 20/25 it has exposed chassis horns and blanking plate for starter crank handle . It also has the older honey comb radiator :D

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Yes - you are probably correct Mr Motec. Some 25/30s are so like the 20/25 that I need to hedge my bets - it is not quite my area of expertise. Either is too slow for my liking; a Phantom - yes; in a small car a Bentley 33.5 or 4.25 would get my attention.
Tlking of interesting cars, have a look at - http://www.bohemiaevents.com/index.php?page=detail&id=78
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

WiSeGuYY

Hey GODFATHER , superb post for 2 beautifull cars, the work of PARKS makes me blush speaking on my experience.

Thanks BRIAN very rare find of models i can only see in my dreams

REGARDS
TAREK

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Brian it is a 20/25 it has exposed chassis horns and blanking plate for starter crank handle . It also has the older honey comb radiator :D

Geoff, I've just got to give you five stars if and when I see you. Your detective work is nothing short of remarkable. Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
BenzBoy, some great pictures, especially if one opens a link to the thumb nails. Pictures like that are worth five postcard pictures. Regards Styria

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Styria i believe they call it train spotting sad really but i find it fun :D

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I can now confirm that the Rolls Royce is a 20/25 of 1931 vintage - is it a Phantom ? Maybe yes, maybe no ? I believe it has the 3.5 litre engine.

I also got a chance to get some further p[ics of the Jaguar Mark II. However, it has been fitted with the 4.2 litre engine, with Coombs specification engine modification. The under bonnet section is quite magnificent - the car sports a specially constructed all alloy radiator with twin electric fans. The interior is just gorgeous, with late model electrically adjustable front seats.

Interestingvehicles019.jpg

Interestingvehicles021.jpg

Interestingvehicles017.jpg

The following pictures are evidence of the quite remarkable quality of trimming -

Interestingvehicles027.jpg

Interestingvehicles023.jpg

Interestingvehicles026.jpg

Interestingvehicles022.jpg

........and finally, a couple of ring-ins. The Holden utility has just been modified to the latest frontal body modifications, whilst the other....faithful Gleaming Beauty - just couldn't resist taking the photos.

Interestingvehicles028.jpg

Regards Styria

Last edited:
OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I don't exactly know what's happened to the sequence of photos - it is of course possible to marry the comments to the pics. There is another ring-in of an old Rover Mark I 3 litre Saloon. It's been standing out in the open for ten years, and honestly when I lifted the bonnet there were at least six mice scuttling off in all directions. Just have a look at the nests they built. Incidentally, the car was converted and fitted with a Chevy small block some fifteen years ago. Regards Styria

260ebenz

Master
Red Holden ute what's that doing in the photos??
;)

How about the rats nest in the engine bay!
:eek:

The Jaguar looks wonderful.