Wakefield park forced to close by nimbys

More threads by c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
This from the jaguar club:

News today that Wakefield Park raceway will be closing it's gates after September 1st.

A recent court decision meant that the track could only operate effectively four days a month which made operation completely unviable. This will affect the motorsport industry, local businesses and clubs like ours who have for many years been able to practice, sprint and race at this track which could entertain a number of disciplines.

We lost Oran Park some years back and now Wakefield, meaning pressure will be placed upon Sydney Motorsport Park leading probably to higher track hire fees.

For the full story click on this Link
WAKEFIELD PARK TO SHUT THE GATES SEPTEMBER 1ST - Auto Action

OP
c107

c107

and 111/116/124/126
This was posted on the MBCNSW facebook - not sure who is organizing:

As a act of solidarity to Wakefield, there is an organised event for everyone to attend, whether you drive a classic car, drift, time trial, race motorcycles or anything in between, this affects us all, and most of all, Goulburn small business. I ask you share this far and wide throughout NSW to cruise to Goulburn City Council, 233 Wheeo Rd Goulburn, on Sunday the 28th at 11 am and show how many people want to save Wakefield from further persecution.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Surely they would be able to take it to the Land and Environment Court and let the lawyers debate what a council has decided.

Styria

The Godfather
.....to be cynical, could one say sign of the times ? Nowadays, this Australia is becoming an entirely different country - well. from the one I used to know. Then again, I am probably just an old fashioned son of a gun. Regards Styria

Patrick_R

Grand Master
.....to be cynical, could one say sign of the times ? Nowadays, this Australia is becoming an entirely different country - well. from the one I used to know. Then again, I am probably just an old fashioned son of a gun. Regards Styria
I’m with you Styria.
Just tonight on the news there is a whole heap of new restrictions regarding all things non electric.
No new gas appliances to be sold after 2030.
No new petrol or diesel cars after 2027
Etc etc

Everyone seems to forget, most of our electricity is generated by burning coal.

So all the do gooders, want all this, but won’t answer all the difficult questions.

They clearly have no idea.
Closing of the Motorsport Park is just another nail in the coffin of normal people wanting to enjoy their life, hammered in by un informed smart arses that think they know best because they have a piece of paper saying they do.

These people would rather sit in front of their screens, TV’s or devices, instead of being outdoors.

sean sherry

Master
Well said Styria and Patrick!
I'm with you both on that one.
Read the very informative Article in the Current Quadrant Magazine which rebuffs all the hype about Man made Global warming I.e.., the Herd instinct. ..Nature will alter the Climate in a blink of an Eye compared what puny man can do. Erupt a few Giant Volcanos up into the Atmosphere for instance. My Investments going forward ..... Fossil Fuels and Minerals ( Iron Ore ) .....CBA & NAB

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I believe this might be the article to which Sean refers:
It is, of course, just one point of view.
Regards,
Brian

Oversize

Grand Master
Unfortunately the NOW Gen are far too vocal & while they claim to be thinking of the future, they have no clue about how it can realistically be achieved. They seem to think we can all hold hands around a campfire & somehow things will just work. Meanwhile the rest of us that know better will suffer the equally catastrophic consequences of listening to minority groups without objective planning. We have been too fast to unquestionably adopt EVs without addressing the main issues like rare mineral sustainability, vehicle range & end of life recycling. It would’ve been far more sensible to transition to hybrids in large countries with no infrastructure & developing recyclable batteries before jumping onto the EV freight train. The climate change & EV lobby are forcing their agendas down our throats & it’s about time those of us with real world experience & education fought back. Of course we’ll just be labelled offensive, old school, non politically correct climate terrorists who must be shamed into conforming with the media enabled influencers who wouldn’t know a real job because they rarely leave mums house.

Last edited: