The Latest Addition

More threads by Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Here it is....

Not finished totally, but decent to look at and by no means a show car.
My son Andrew's (to be) daily driver.

Sorry for the cheap phone-quality pics.

IMG_20541024x768.jpg

IMG_21981024x768.jpg

IMG_22011024x768.jpg

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Paula is as photogenic as ever. :D
Is a C23 an everyday version of a C64? :eek:
Regards,
Brian

Thank you for the compliment, I am sure Paula will appreciate it.

Not sure about C class versions.....

But an E23 is a 4-cyl and not necessarily half the size of a 64 (which doesn't exist... you meant C63) :p

260ebenz

Master
Fine looking W210 Mercedes Michel!

I like the colour of the car.

Happy motoring to your Son Andrew.

Cheers Slim.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Thank you for the compliment, I am sure Paula will appreciate it.

Not sure about C class versions.....

But an E23 is a 4-cyl and not necessarily half the size of a 64 (which doesn't exist... you meant C63) :p
No: I mean the very rare and desirable Preston's version. The E64 Special.
Ah but are you are you sure you have a real Benz? BMW makes an E23...:eek:
Regards,
Brian

Tony66_au

Congrats to you and your Son!

My oldest is nearing 17 and im talking to him about a Benz for his first.

its taken a while and any mention of commodores and he is written out of the Will as it seems to be Tool car of choice around here as well as car most likely to break down or wrap itself inexplicably around a tree.

The Boy wants a 450 but cant drive a V8 so im steering him towards a W123 280 or a W124 300E which he CAN drive on P's.

That is if i can drag him away from my old Valiants which are NOT suitable daily drivers either.

Tony

260ebenz

Master
Congrats to you and your Son!

My oldest is nearing 17 and im talking to him about a Benz for his first.

its taken a while and any mention of commodores and he is written out of the Will as it seems to be Tool car of choice around here as well as car most likely to break down or wrap itself inexplicably around a tree.

The Boy wants a 450 but cant drive a V8 so im steering him towards a W123 280 or a W124 300E which he CAN drive on P's.

That is if i can drag him away from my old Valiants which are NOT suitable daily drivers either.

Tony

Tony 300E W124 a good choice for a P-Plater and even the 260E 2.6ltr good fuel economy, safety and reliable!

As a former red and green P-Plater and a recent graduate to a Full Unrestricted Licence my 260E has been the ideal Mercedes for me to drive for someone new to the open road.

Cheers.

Tony66_au

Thanks for that!

I figured it would have enough gadgetry to save him if he does something silly but not enough to turn him into a drone driver and because we all do a lot of highway driving the build and safety makes me and the evil step mum happier.

mathew

Nice car mate great colour too my son's Ben E230 has done about 50K since he brought it and it's been 100% reliable he loves it!

Two things you should do straight away change the aircon filter it's in the foot well of the front passenger area, people never change these and then the fan regulator burns out followed by the fan and that is no cheap fix. Changing the filter annually will see the fan soldier on forever.

Ball joints and control arm bushes are soft in these 100K see's them finished I'm pretty sure Peddars can get nolythene bushes for the control arms that will never need replacing. The W210 is a great car I'm sure he will enjoy it no end.

Cheers Mat.

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Nice car mate great colour too my son's Ben E230 has done about 50K since he brought it and it's been 100% reliable he loves it!

Two things you should do straight away change the aircon filter it's in the foot well of the front passenger area, people never change these and then the fan regulator burns out followed by the fan and that is no cheap fix. Changing the filter annually will see the fan soldier on forever.

Ball joints and control arm bushes are soft in these 100K see's them finished I'm pretty sure Peddars can get nolythene bushes for the control arms that will never need replacing. The W210 is a great car I'm sure he will enjoy it no end.

Cheers Mat.

Thanks Mat,

I know how muchy Ben loves his W210 (and those wild wheels--that's all I am waiting on)

You mention the aircon filter.... (is it on the inside of the foot wheel)
Is that why the fan plays up? changes sometimes intermittently?

I will check the bushes...

Styria

The Godfather
That's been turned into a really nice looking, and presentable car for Michel's son. Obviously Jerry, his paint and detailing guru, has put the finishing touches appearance wise and I can certainly vouch for the fuss free motoring the car is blessed with. Four cylinders would not necessarily be my choice, but then again the boys in blue, no the speed and safety cameras, make sure that you don't step out of line. Regards Styria

N.B. I am paranoid giving hard earned money to the politician that are just wasting it, so I try and be a good boy !

mathew

Mate if you lower the panel under the glovebox the filter sit's in there behind a plastic strip that's about an inch and a half wide with two retaining clips.

If the fan has a mind of it's own then yes, the regulator is shot and of course they changed the regulators they used somewhere early on and the new ones only fit new fans making a big bill. However if you get the part number of the regulator and search here:

http://www.autohausaz.com/

You will see they are way cheaper to purchase out of the US, you can often find them on ebay pretty cheap too, that's where I got the one for my old C-Class when it went. From memory the regulator sits on top of the blower motor itself which is found top left hand area of engine bay, it's a small thing with blue and red wires easy to replace.

Cheers Mat:)