motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I know where my 500SL AMG is going

6.9forever

Noble
Sale price for 380SL is consistent with recent pricing in the UK at The SL Shop.

The R107s cost more when new in Australia than they did in the UK at that time.

So why less in Australia now?

It's reasonable to expect a good value for an original, straight low km car. Things are only worth what people want to pay goes the cliche' (I've used this one too) but let's raise expectations for the marque in Australia where we can. Follows on from my recent W116 thread about values.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Do you think my 6.9 is worth more than an old Torana ?

Depends what Torana we are talking about.
Anything with a V8 will be worth more than your (and my) 6.9
Any Torana that has an XU attached to it will be worth multiples of yours and mine.

OP
motec 6.9

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
Yes but try buying plastic trim parts for an XD/XE now.... And they were a poor fit even when new!:eek::rolleyes:

sean sherry

Master
SL Shop in the UK..... not apples with apples. The Uk market is a different ball game. The SL Shop stock of SLs runs from 8K pounds to 18K pounds.
The main criteria is mileage,. All appear to be rust free, or rust repaired, and are presented well. In the main Hi Mileage cars are at the low end and anything Low Miles and garaged (No rust ) with log Books fetch big money..
We do have rust free cars here but in the UK it's a rarity.

sean sherry

Master
Could not agree more about preference for the 110 280 SL. I looked for a long time before finding a good one . Much more nimble than the heavier Iron V8s, and not giving anything in performance to the 380s . Recent brim to brim fuel test returned 27 MPG . Mixed freeway and light suburban traffic. Odo accuracy checked against late model C Class. I also had a 380 SL bought new in 1982,, smooth engine used mostly interstate running ( before Speed Cameras ) Started to blow smoke at 40K, and 18 months old, so I got rid of it.

sean sherry

Master
Are the gremlins back ? The site keeps dropping out when I try to post and I have to log on again and again.
This post is ok ??????????