New addition

More threads by Parks

Parks

Well the time had to come but it was time for the old 1996 VS to go to make way for the new addition, I needed a new car for work etc oh and play;) so with all the great tax breaks etc with the business atm , I decided to buy a SS ute 6 litre:D, its an april 09 build which means it has AFM (active fuel management) along steady driving the engine cuts from 8 cylinders to 4, wether it makes a huge diff remains to be scene, fuel economy seems to be 5 and 600 kms per tank (depending on driving;)) but anyways I wont ramble on anymore other than saying Im very happy with the purchase.....

I picked the car up and drove straight to the Tyre king at Baulkham hills and got my new wheels fitted (20'' Advanti Gaunlets with Falken tyres) traded the existing SS rims in and then got the car lowered 2" all round and this is how its ended up.......

300620092615.jpg

300620092606.jpg

290620092598.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Hmmmmmmmm...... :)

What can I say?

I love the colour....

And the size of the engine...

And the upholstery....

NICE Choice Brent.....

Well done....:D

OP
Parks

Parks

Cheers Michel, I was a bit worried when the guy said "trust me" regarding the lowering of the car 2'' all round, cos I didnt want any scrubbing issues or exhaust scraping, but im glad I trusted the guys from Tyre king cos ive had no issues at all even in shopping centres with speed humps etc infact the old VS dragged more than this one does......regards Brent

John S

Having had a factory sports suspension on my Calais, I would have stayed with the original height and wheel travel, but if you enjoy it as it now is that's all that matters. I must say those wheels really suit the look and give it an aggressive image.

450SE

Nice work - it looks very mean indeed.

One of my staff recently took the same tax incentive to buy the same model ute, but he went for the brilliant silver paintwork. He found it to be too silver in side profile, so had the factory alloys painted a high gloss metallic graphite / charcoal. It broke the colour up, but I suspect he regrets not going for a different duco colour... red was his next choice.

OP
Parks

Parks

Nice work - it looks very mean indeed.

One of my staff recently took the same tax incentive to buy the same model ute, but he went for the brilliant silver paintwork. He found it to be too silver in side profile, so had the factory alloys painted a high gloss metallic graphite / charcoal. It broke the colour up, but I suspect he regrets not going for a different duco colour... red was his next choice.

I was tossing up between the red and silver and even after I ordered red I came close a few times to ringing and changing the order, however with the way the car has come up im so glad I chose red...
I didnt like the 18'' SS rims that came with the car, I do like the 19'' that come with the SSV series ute but I still would have changed them to the wheels Ive got anyway..
It only really dawned on me yesterday why im not having any hassles atm with the height of the front spoiler, the new commodores have a lot shorter nose than previous models and they are more european like with the front wheels further forward, however im sure to hit it at some stage:rolleyes:

-bb-

Noble
Very nice car, Brent. Very nice.

I would make more of a mention of my new car I am picking up next week, but a Toyota Aurion is hardly exciting when compared with this.

s class

for us non-aussies, please explain this tax-incentive thing? Is it to encourage the purchase of local products?

Styria

The Godfather
If you have a closer look at the first picture, there are three items that are near and dear to Parks, and that he cannot avoid under any circumstances. Firstly, the petrol bowser - this 'trigger loaded' monstrous 6 litre (liter ?) V8 is going to gargle juice at the rate of, say 9l/100 km. Hardly acceptable in the land of "green :D Oz country. He'll be an infrequent visitor to them bowsers !

Secondly, the truck in the background - totally appropriate to be included and a worthy picture mate to the 'red thing', and, last but not least, the golden arches in the background - Parks is their best customer as he hits them at least twice a day, if not more often. He absolutely refuses to boil water, so McDonalds it has to be. Seriously though, I am tickled pink with his purchase, and whilst they don't look too bad in the picture, those after market rims look smashing in real life. I think he has done very well with the purchase of this SS Utility. Regards Styria

BenzBoy

Grand Master
for us non-aussies, please explain this tax-incentive thing? Is it to encourage the purchase of local products?
A reduction of 30 to 50% cut in sales tax on cars until June 30th 2009 to help the motor industry. Benz sales went mad on the 30th and even the service department was selling cars. :eek:
Regards,
Benz-Boy

s class

Ah, so it benefits imports as well as domestic cars.

If they cut the sales taxes by 30 to 50%, what percentage of the normal sticker price is made up of taxes?

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Ah, so it benefits imports as well as domestic cars.

If they cut the sales taxes by 30 to 50%, what percentage of the normal sticker price is made up of taxes?

It's not the sticker price that is reduced.
But you receive a reduction on your taxable income (in relation to that vehicle).

OP
Parks

Parks

yeah Michel Is right, say your taxable income is $100 000 , instead of being taxed on 100 000, you will now be taxed on $50 000......I believe:D so it does make it worth while.... Brent

OP
Parks

Parks

If you have a closer look at the first picture, there are three items that are near and dear to Parks, and that he cannot avoid under any circumstances. Firstly, the petrol bowser - this 'trigger loaded' monstrous 6 litre (liter ?) V8 is going to gargle juice at the rate of, say 9l/100 km. Hardly acceptable in the land of "green :D Oz country. He'll be an infrequent visitor to them bowsers !

Secondly, the truck in the background - totally appropriate to be included and a worthy picture mate to the 'red thing', and, last but not least, the golden arches in the background - Parks is their best customer as he hits them at least twice a day, if not more often. He absolutely refuses to boil water, so McDonalds it has to be. Seriously though, I am tickled pink with his purchase, and whilst they don't look too bad in the picture, those after market rims look smashing in real life. I think he has done very well with the purchase of this SS Utility. Regards Styria

Bout as frequent as the statesman:D oh and by the way once a day not twice hahaha

s class

yeah Michel Is right, say your taxable income is $100 000 , instead of being taxed on 100 000, you will now be taxed on $50 000......I believe:D so it does make it worth while.... Brent

Gee that is quite a powerful incentive.

OP
Parks

Parks

Gee that is quite a powerful incentive.

yeah Ryan it is, hence why the dealers are flat out and running out of cars haha, the offer runs till december I believe, but its only for businesses or ABN holders