rpm gauge

More threads by arcijack

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Is it a w116? A replacemet instrument binnacle can be fairly easy to obtain.

Probably an electronic failue in the simple circuitry of the instrument binnacle, but other possible causes should be traced before committing to a replacement binnacle.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi arcijack, I've never struck this problem before - I would suggest that you seek the services of a competent Auto Electrician. Additionally could you obtain a unit on loan perhaps, and fit it to your Instrument Cluster ? That should help to determine a possible remedy. Regards Styria

Last edited:
OP
A

arcijack

Connoisseur
thanks so much Styria. but i have never seen a 6.9 in Mississippi, i bought minds from a retired doctor who had pland to restore it, but never got around too it, the car has 123,000 miles and besides rust on rockers panels , looks real good, i"m trying to do the work myself since their are not many mechanics around who can work on the car, been sitting in garage 16 years. but thanks to you guys ive learned a lot and learning more each day, thanks so much.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi arcijack, I don't envy the position that you are in. It must be quite a debilitating experience to be located in an area where there is just so little activity in relation the the CH. 116 cars, and 6.9s in particular. Again, if your car is mobile, give some consisderation to letting an Auto Electrician to perhaps solve the problem for you. Regards Styria