Record price for a 6.9?

More threads by Oversize

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Somehow I thought I had seen that post earlier... :confused:

However, on the subject of hi priced 6.9s, here's the only one on eBay (USA) and not cheap....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Be...c95c769b3&item=191491434931&pt=US_Cars_Trucks

Buy it now price is at US$28,500 (approx A$36,000)
Not in mint condition

and not brown :eek: :p
For that money I would want the cracked dash and door fixed and a windscreen washer bottle supplied. However, it does present as a clean and straight car.
Regards,
Brian

260ebenz

Master
Cracks in the dash that hot Southern Californian sun or I hope it was not spraying Armour All on the dash?

The 6.9 has Ronal Racing wheels as well.

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Cracks in the dash that hot Southern Californian sun or I hope it was spraying Armour All on the dash?

The 6.9 has Ronal Racing wheels as well.

Armor All is the worst thing for your dash (help make it crack) :(

260ebenz

Master
Good point about Armor All Michel!

Non silicone products the best way to protect the dash.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Yes indeed; from our friend in WA and we hope to see him back here soon.
He's been sorely missed although he keeps in touch with emails.
Actually, from a Collector's point of view, I don't think $K175 is outrageous. You are not going to get another like it and that is the aim of being a collector.
Regards,
Brian
PS: My tip; buy one of the last hot Falcons or Holdens to be produced and you will have a nest egg for the future. Store it wisely and well and it will enhance your superannuation.
Regards,
Brian

OP
Oversize

Oversize

Grand Master
Not at all outrageous if you consider the prices for GTs and the like. And also considering how much they were when new.... It's good to see some examples fetching better prices than what we've seen in the recent past.

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
The best way to preserve the upper dash area of a W116 is to cover it with a dash mat, and to garage the car when not in use. Do not rub anything into the dash area itself. If the dash is cracked, repair it. Styria would provide the answers for this job.
The only treatment inside I would recomend inside, is saddle soap on the leather to clean it if necessary, then Leatherique or similar.

Styria

The Godfather
I think it is a fact of life, or shall we say time, that sees most original dash pads exhibit some form of cracks in some areas, particularly on the edges of the instrument binnacle. Replacement units, like those that have been rebuilt, do stand up very well to the test of time. I have had some Rover units re-done some twelve years ago, and they are still in very good condition. Conversely, MB units as well have shown no trace of damage.

Incidentally, I still have in stock one black unit that I would like to sell. Regards Styria.