Rebuilt 6.9 Levelling Valves

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
For the past eighteen months, I have supplied some five or six units on an exchange basis. In that period, there has been one failure which was covered by the 12 months warranty.

I have reason to believe that they are no longer available or, if so, at a hellishly expensive price. I would also urge anyone contemplating the fitment of a valve to ensure that they have the correct claw spanner/socket and to be extremely diligent that the pipe fittings are not cross threaded

I spent many hours on my back not all that long ago 'saving' fittings that had been badly butchered by previous removal operations. In the end, I had to use vise grips - the worst possible tool to use, but ultimately it proved effective - only just - it was close !

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
For the past eighteen months, I have supplied some five or six units on an exchange basis. In that period, there has been one failure which was covered by the 12 months warranty.

I have reason to believe that they are no longer available or, if so, at a hellishly expensive price. I would also urge anyone contemplating the fitment of a valve to ensure that they have the correct claw spanner/socket and to be extremely diligent that the pipe fittings are not cross threaded
Godfather
Does that mean you still have them on exchange basis or are you also out of stock?

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Michel, I always try and have at least two units available. As you'd probably, second hand units are quite scarce, but I have managed to overcome that problem. Regards Styria

s class

I was told by my dealer that the valves are NLA, and in any case, prior to that the last listed price was ZAR11000 or so, which is around $1500.

s class

Russel, when parts are listed here as NLA, the price that comes up is the one that was last quoted to someone who either purchased one or queried it when it was still available, and that may be some years ago.

Bandolero

Well, about one year ago Andreas asked the dealer about them and they quoted approx AU$2000, so he bought one from MB Spares for about $1400. Since then the price went up to about $5000. They didn't say if they were NLA.

s class

OK I'm not sure if they are NLA. When the dealer gives me a NLA answer, it can mean 2 things :

a) it really is NLA
b) the clerk at head office that has to submit the query to Germany was actually too lazy to do it.

I've found that often b) is more probable than a)