OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia

abl567

Super Moderator
Bugger, I wanted to buy that:eek:

TJ 450

That would be a nice ride. I notice that the W126 Owner's Manual has the details on the Hydro-pneumatic suspension system by default.

It sounds like it was optional on all the SELs, but I doubt many customers would have ordered 380s with it.

Tim

BenzBoy

Grand Master
It possibly was an option. I have heard of 380SELs with it but when investigated each has turned out to have the self-levelling rear. Perhaps owners do not understand what that means.
Regards,
Benz-Boy

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Yeah it was an option on early w126 i was looking at buying a 500sel hong kong import from ray gulson's in canberra in 97 and it had full hydro suspension front and rear and i have seen one 560sel with it but never a 380:)

KenM

It's back on ebay, dunno how to attach a link I'm afraid. This car was up for sale several weeks ago, from the look of the pics it certainly seems to have full hydropneumatic, either that or the springs have been removed. Could be good for a parts car.
Cheers,
Ken

OP
Michel

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Au $580.00 with 7 hours to go

Oversize

Grand Master
I now have a copy of the W126 S1 hydro manual and can confirm it was an option post July 1980 on the 380SEL and 500SEL. It would be extremely rare on a 380 since it would be a odd financial decision to buy the cheapest V8 with (probably) the most expensive option.