New to the forum and 280SLC ownership!

More threads by Trippstick

Helmet

Connoisseur
Hi Sean,

Thank you very much for this, it is appreciated as I haven't really found anyone that would be half reasonable with their pricing that actually knows a bit about cars, I will probably give him a call and get him to come out and work along side me for a couple hours one day (will pay accordingly) and that way it will be beneficial for us both. :D

Whats reasonable pricing ? :confused:

sean sherry

Master
If it were me I would try to source a good 2nd Engine. There must be plenty out there even pre emission examples....... Sean

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
One of your better bets for parts at the right price would be MB Spares in Canberra.

sean sherry

Master
I have had better pricing from Silver Star Spares in Kingsgrove in Sydney. Plus no freight charges as local delivery is possibly free. Eg., recent part, $18.50 instead of $25.50. :)

OP
T

Trippstick

Thanks guys,

I will have to check them out, Sean, I haven't ever came accros a 185hp M110 engine for sale, as I am trying to keep this car as origional as possible now I would like the original engine to be in her, plus they are plenty powerful for thier age :)

Oversize

Grand Master
Try the wreckers; particularly ones that cater for all makes and models as they're far cheaper. You never know what you might find...

OP
T

Trippstick

Try the wreckers; particularly ones that cater for all makes and models as they're far cheaper. You never know what you might find...

Yeah I have tried one and they never had any engine parts however I am getting a mechanic to come out for an hour (costing $99 for the hour) on Saturday so hopefully he can give me a better understanding of what needs to be done to get her running again :)