My weekend...

More threads by BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
The two cars I had for the weekend. One was fun to drive - the other guaranteed a parking spot!

Adelaide_zpsf772775f.png

Yes, I have obscured the number plate on the Audi to protect the guilty.

Regards,
Brian

Oversize

Grand Master
Man I could have some fun with that! Any more pix of the Audi? Feedback on what they're like to drive? How much attention did it get?

Styria

The Godfather
Hi BenzBoy, the man is asking some very pertinent and valid questions ? He must be answered - well, I would like to know too ! :D I take that it is an R8, although I can't be sure. Your driving impressions should make interesting reading. Regards Styria

abl567

Super Moderator
I have spent my weekend in Germany, gee the food is bad but the cars are good

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
What was it like?
Hard, sharp, fast - unbelievable fun as far as I could actually use it within the confines of the Adelaide streets and the Hills. Sheesh - you think we have a load of speed cameras; try SA and weep with frustration.
It's a very sophisticated beast and one that any of us would be happy to own - it's glued to the road like a vice no matter what you do. It's tactile, fluid, and extension of your own body - and impossible to see out of easily because of the shape. Could I live with one? Quite happily.
And as for the 7 seater wearing the Royal Crown, it was big, cumbersome and slow - but a huge amount of fun in a different way. Both drew stares.
Sorry- there are no more photos. This one came from the IPhone I have just bought and I am still learning how to drive it - picture quality is quite poor (unless it is the way I have it set up?).
By the way, I found Citroen CX number 18 and 19 while I was there but do I want the grief?
Regards,
Brian

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Sorry- there are no more photos. This one came from the IPhone I have just bought and I am still learning how to drive it - picture quality is quite poor (unless it is the way I have it set up?).
Regards,
Brian

Unless you bought an old iPhone 2 (and I doubt that very much), the quality should not be bad as the new ones (iPhone 5) have 8 megapixels.

However... it is not a LEICA!!! :eek:

BTW, it was a tough weekend for me too...
I had to drive an SLS roadster :eek:

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Unless you bought an old iPhone 2 (and I doubt that very much), the quality should not be bad as the new ones (iPhone 5) have 8 megapixels.

However... it is not a LEICA!!! :eek:

BTW, it was a tough weekend for me too...
I had to drive an SLS roadster :eek:
It is an iPhone 5 but it was the first time I used it. Megapixels are one thing but lense quality is another and that's where the Leica shines.

Regards,
Brian

Oversize

Grand Master
I just did a one-day camera course and once you take an SLR out of auto model you can do all sorts of things, but it becomes damn complicated! :)

And what did it SOUND like??

Oversize

Grand Master
And the speed of an SLR is amazing!!! ;);):D

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
I just did a one-day camera course and once you take an SLR out of auto model you can do all sorts of things, but it becomes damn complicated! :)

And what did it SOUND like??
If you mean the R8, it sounded like a slightly muffled beast. Very nice and very soothing with a deep rumble. There was not the space or freedom from speed cameras to see if it howls (and I'm sure it does ;) ).
It didn't have the hard bark of the W. O. Bentley Speed 6 I had driven earlier...:mad:
Regards,
Brian

Styria

The Godfather
If you mean the R8, it sounded like a slightly muffled beast. Very nice and very soothing with a deep rumble. There was not the space or freedom from speed cameras to see if it howls (and I'm sure it does ;) ).
It didn't have the hard bark of the W. O. Bentley Speed 6 I had driven earlier...:mad:
Regards,
Brian

Sounds as though you're taking over from Fred of Top Gear fame - I really do think that you should discuss any further actions, or inappropriate demeanours or behaviour, with M.O.T.S. - once you have digested her advice, you could then approach Admin for further instructions and guidelines. Regards Styria

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Sounds as though you're taking over from Fred of Top Gear fame - I really do think that you should discuss any further actions, or inappropriate demeanours or behaviour, with M.O.T.S. - once you have digested her advice, you could then approach Admin for further instructions and guidelines. Regards Styria
Dear Styria,
Please remember to medicate regularly.
I am at a loss to understand your post! :D
Regards,
Brian