Mobile Painter

More threads by sean sherry

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Jerry will be more than happy to help you there.
But it's at Prestons.
We could arrange to have it picked up and delivered.

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Sean, I'd grab Michel's offer - totally hassle free on your part and Jerry is a master of tidying up slightly unsightly paintwork. Regards Stryria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Mitsubishi Traded for a 2024 A Class Merrcedes, also traded the 2010 C Class for another A Class for Bev, Wife........... Spend the Kids Inheridence I hear you say !!!
The Medium SUV Mitsubishi was difficult for Bev to " climb" into Ride was very firm on 18 inch Wheels.
The 13 year old C Class was flaging many faults.... principaly the Camshafts we getting out of Sync. An expensive Job plus a couple of other issues whic made it uneconomic to repair and keep.
The new A Class is a class act. no matter what I asked the Sales people it was a standard fitting .
A Sun Roof... Front and Rear Cameras....Electric and heated front Seats.......etc.
On the Road I could not fault it.......Me a retired A Grade Mechanic for 70 years.....

Styria

The Godfather
Good to see you back on TK after a little while. Just proves that you can't keep an old "gonger" down. Anyone that wants to know what a gonger is - I can't tell you, but it's an expression (not rude !) that's just come to mind. Regards Styria

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
Long Drive today to get to know. all the buttons and gadgets...The Engine is a Renault 1.33 Turbo..... amazing Power. Especially in Sport. A wild beast around Town.... had to reset to Comfort. I have to return to the Dealer to show me how to use the Sat Nav and the Heater Controls .... The Electronics are very complex. I will insist on a Technical .... not the Salesman!! The Driver's Handbook is more complicated than the Car!!

Patrick_R

Grand Master
I hear what you are saying Sean.
It’s one of the toughest parts of my job, is trying to teach drivers how to operate brand new model trucks, when they may not have even sat in a new truck for 20 years.
Extremely complex, especially when there are now multiple power, drive and traction options, up to 16 forward gears and 4 reverse gears all associated with how much weight they are pulling.
Then there are the hundreds of buttons, (some soft buttons on a screen) some on the 4 sections of dash, many more on the drivers door and 2 sections of overhead dash and 24 steering wheel buttons.
Then there are our new electronic mirrors (Please see image below) that can be controlled from the door or from the sleeping area where the driver can monitor all around his truck whilst resting, so no huge external mirrors anymore that have a huge impact on aerodynamics (Please see last pic)
It can be pretty mind blowing for a non technical minded person, especially for older drivers that don’t even use a modern smart phone.
so I certainly feel your pain Sean.

IMG_0663.jpegIMG_0664.jpegIMG_0666.jpegIMG_0667.jpeg