Mobile Pairing

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
after much frustration I now have both our 2010 W204 C Class cars with Paired Mobile Phones. The one with the Command System took several days with visits to the Dealer and the Phone Supplier ( Samsung Android ) No one could sort it. Today a result. The system recognised the Phone, but only when I held it almost touching the Command Screen..... Ours is not to reason why !
More good luck than good judgement.:confused:

Styria

The Godfather
Sean, that must be so frustrating. I presently have Internet and NBN issues, and I a. Not a happy little lark. Regards Styria

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I had my cheap little hatchback (Hyundai i20), paired with my mobile 'phone, about 2 years ago. The process took about 3 minutes to complete.
Has been working perfectly ever since.

When it comes to the NBN, that's another story.
I will NOT connect to that system, until I am forced to.

Why?

1. I don't want to have to pay for the router, which I am told is necessary for the NBN connection to work.

2. I want to avoid all of the hassles and horror stories that some my friends have suffered after they have connected to the NBN. Some of those frustrations for them have continued for months.

3. I object most strongly to paying any extra monthly fee for ongoing NBN connection, when my mobile works quite perfectly with hotspot connection to my computer and with the hotspot and mobile data apps activated. My mobile 'phone works perfectly well at it is , without the hassle of NBN interfering with it.
Hotspot and mobile phone in connection with my laptop computer, is what has been used to put this post on Topklasse.

NBN will not provide any extra connectivity or convenience for me, so why should I be forced to pay for any extra fee?

4. NBN will be completely obsolete within 5 years, with the 5G network when fully developed, will be able to achieve far more than NBN anyway.

$45 billion totally wasted.

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Besides having a connection to your premises and obtaining a 'digital' router, there are no ongoing charges except for the ones you pay currently to your internet provider (the NBN does not charge you a monthly fee-its a wholesaler).

Most horror stories are from people who were on Optus cable as this has or will imminently be discontinued.

It took us virtually no time to be connected, without any loss of service at home.

At work, we decided to 'ditch' the landlines, keeping our main one and using a VOIP (voice over internet protocol) to utilise it (Ironically through Optus and its called 'Optus Loop Live').
Costs are minimal compared to earlier and everyone uses his/her mobile phone instead.

abl567

Super Moderator
I have NBN fixed wireless at home and FTTP at the Cafe, both were seamless not cost up font installations with Modem/Router and VOIP cordless phone included for under $100 per month. The home installation included a chap coming out to install the "antenna" on my roof with line of site to the tower. Both have performed faultlessly with unlimited data, important with 2 teenagers and Netflix at home and free wi-fi for customers at the Cafe.
I'm actually looking forward to it being connected at the factory as well such was the experience with home and Alley Cafe.
I didn't use either of the "major" providers, I think that's the trick.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
NBN, no trouble,also Voice over Net for landLine. On advice from ex Diplomat Daughter ( she is a wizard at research ) We use Internode Adelaide based who can speak English , they use Optus. Cost with my Mobile about $75/month.
Mobile is basic at $15 which is all I need. Router is not expensive.

With Pairing my Phones .. when we know what to do life becomes easier.