Miles or kilometres?

More threads by BenzBoy

Martin280s

I do wish people would check their spelling and vocabulary when they advertise a product!

Gross errors, like those in this ad, detract from the item om sale making me think "BS, this seller is a W**ker!" :rolleyes:

Styria

The Godfather
I wonder if this is the car that I had a phone call about from a third party - the suggestion was that "a 6.9 owner" was having suspension problems and was looking for someone that'd know how to fix it. The location of Orange could be a bit of a clue, but I have not heard from anyone other than the third party.

This car ? Well, I think it's been advertised before. The adjstable steering column, the anti lock brakes seem to strike an incorrect cord, and Tim described matters correctly by referring to the "BS". Obviously, the car is down on its heels suspension wise, and whilst it more than likely would rise to its normal level once the engine is started, the fact that it is low indicates that not all is well. GB does the same thing, and it needs fixing. Plus, the car has velour upholstery and whilst in itself that may not be a bad thing as it is more comfortable than leather, the latter still seems the preferable option.

Quite frankly, whilst the pics themselves are very poor quality, one can still see enough to judge the under bonnet appearance to be very, very ordinary, one can also find fault with its wheels (look who's talking !), non-standard radio (again, who's talking :eek:) and, all in all, a very poorly presented car, and way overpriced. Regards Styria - Really, what are they thinking !

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
What I can't understand is why the Federal Govt would buy an 'import' in Australia as a 'consular car'.
Unless it was used by an Australian consulate somewhere outside of Australia (that's where we have consulates :rolleyes:) and then imported back by someone privately.

B13

Someone's out to make a quick profit / bought it and doesn't know what they got themselves into... probably for former though.

That car, with those photos as well, was for auction in Tassie on eBay only 3 weeks ago, and fetched a respectable $5200 or so.

I.

Styria

The Godfather
Someone's out to make a quick profit / bought it and doesn't know what they got themselves into... probably for former though.

That car, with those photos as well, was for auction in Tassie on eBay only 3 weeks ago, and fetched a respectable $5200 or so.

I.

That's about all it would be worth - if that - and I'd have serious doubts. Regards Styria

OP
BenzBoy

BenzBoy

Grand Master
The owner informed me the car would be at the panel beaters for 2 weeks to have the rust (the only rust!) repaired in the RH wheel arch. He also informed me that the car had "all the options" and was ordered by the Aust. Govt. but was unable to give details. He also informed me that all pre 1985 Benzs delievered to Aust. came with a variety of speedos in either MPH or KPH. That ignores the ADRs mandating metric readouts from the early 1970s.
The car has been taken off carsales - presumably while the rust is fixed....
Oh - and yes, he is getting the service records from the previous owner...
Regards,
Benz-Boy