Milan Brown 6.9

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Times are tough, hence this Milan Brown 6.9 is still on the market. Originally advertised for $25k. on Car Point, the price was reduced (prior to withdrawal) by five thousand.

Nothing might be a bargain nowadays, but the owner did not shirk payment of a single cent when the car was refurbished, both externally and internally with new leather and carpet. Hence, he is well and truly on the wrong side of the ledger. If one has a closer look, it is also fitted with the 15" Bundts with brand new tyres. Here are some pics I dug up the other day.

P4200168-1.jpg
P4200170.jpg
P4200169-1.jpg

P4200171-1.jpg

For anyone to receive further details, please send me a PM. This car, incidentally, was the only 6.9 imported into New Zealand and is fitted with the high compression Euro engine. Regards Styria

s class

Styria, that is a significant car, and an outstanding investment at the asking price. Why have any of you NSW locals not bought it yet? ;) The colour is right, the condition is right, the spec is right. very nice.

oscar

Does look fantastic. Brown never looked so good (no offence bb ;) ) I love this one.

If this is the one I'm thinking of, previously owned by Terry Clark?? I'm not sure the reaction I'd get down my way if I bought it and changed the number plates to MRA.SIA :D I'd need balls of steel.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Ossie, was Terry Clark one of the suspected drug barons or whatever ? Anyway, I can tell you that the present owner imported the car from New Zealand probably about six years ago - don't quote me on that time frame, though.

Hi S-Class and ChrisP, it is indeed in excellent condition bodywise, but I haven't seen the car for about two years but mechanically it should be good as well. I believe it's hardly being used, except for the occasional foray up to the Gold Coast. Why it has not sold is anyone's guess. Sydney, however, is a 'cruel' market for older so-called 'every day' classics and Mercedes does not have a good reputation for reasonably priced spare parts. I think therein lays half the reason why the car has not sold. Regards Styria

-bb-

Noble
Does look fantastic. Brown never looked so good (no offence bb ;) ) I love this one.

So do I. Looking forward to mine looking being repainted even more now...

(no offence taken - the money spent on this one is much more than I have spent on mine)

oscar

Hi Ossie, was Terry Clark one of the suspected drug barons or whatever ? Anyway, I can tell you that the present owner imported the car from New Zealand probably about six years ago - don't quote me on that time frame, though.

That's the fella, recently portrayed by Mathew Newton on Underbelly on the telly. But maybe I have my 6.9's mixed up. I would've assumed he bought a 6.9 in Aus, not from NZ. Anyway, there was a really good looking milan brown one on carpoint or carsales earlier in the year stating it was Terry's ex 6.9 and similar price, advertised with 15" bundts if memory serves. Has this one got 15" rims? It looks like it but I can't make out the tyre wall markings plus I've a bad track record identifying 15" rims from photos.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Ossie, yes it has the 15" Bundts, but I obtained those for him from, would you believe...well, I have forgotten. Somewhere along the line, I purchased a set of 15" Bundts from my mate Bandy (Bandolero) in South Australia. Anyway, , we painted these Bundts (on the car pictured) well and truly after the car had been returned to the owner.

So, I am not certain where the name Terry Clark fits in with this 6.9, if at all. What I was told by the owner (and he is as straight as a gun barrel) is that he took the car in exchange from someone who owed him "dosh" and he brought it to Ozland from Kiwi teritory. When we laid eyes on it, it had that horrible Milan Brown colour (as original) with a cheap, nasty clear that was starting to peel. It had obviously been put on without the proper preparation. We soon got rid of that stuff and put on the nice Spies Hecker Milan Brown and some Dupont Clear. No sink back, and the result is there for everyone to see. Regards Styria

SELfor50

Hahah.. nice one Oscar.. MRA.SIA Gold!

Someone owed him "dosh"? Must've been quite a sum of "dosh" to handover a 6.9!
I love the way you say "Straight as a gun barrel" - sorta fits the 'gang-star' type story.. hahahaha. :D

Andrew280SEL

I reckon pics don't do a nice Milan Brown example much justice.

The 6.9 we have looks identical to this car, and IMO these good condition (i.e, not faded/bad respray, as unfortunately can happen after so many years in the Aussie sun) Milan Brown cars look even better in the flesh, truly lovely.

This looks like a fantastic car, it should be a great pickup for whoever gets it. (where's the thumbsup emoticon... :eek:)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Even I think it's pretty.... :eek: