MB 125th Birthday

More threads by mathew

mathew

Ok guys will finally I have full filled a life long dream since a little boy and that was to visit the home of Mercedes-Benz but boy oh boy did I get so much more than I ever expected! I spent my birthday at Mercedes-Benz of Brooklands if you haven't been then go! We spent an hour driving an SL63 before being allowed 20 minutes at the hands of the SLS and oh my God what a beast. Everyone should get to take one of these on the track at least once in their life time. The Birthday lunch was the best food we ate in the entire week in London no doubt about it Mercedes really know how to look after their customers.

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0030.jpg

http://i301.photobucket.com/albums/nn41/MBCNSW/MB germany/DSC_0005-Copy.jpg

DSC_0081.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

DSC_0132.jpg

DSC_0197.jpg

DSC_0223.jpg

DSC_0243.jpg

DSC_0537.jpg

So after a few days in the UK it was time to head to the Mother Land starting at the 125th MB Birthday being celebrated in Berlin. Close to 3000 Mercedes-Benz on show and a marketing promotion program unlike anything you have seen before. We were taken for hot laps in all the top AMG models including the SLS again lol. We experienced the S-Class Distronic and presafe accident avoidance systems these cars are truly amazing when it comes to safety system advancement. We witnessed the Silver Star awards as all the club Presidents from around the world were invited on stage. It was such a big event it took two whole days to see it all an event I'll never forget in this lifetime. If you ever wanted to know why Mercedes-Benz is like no other the history and future of the car at this event was unprecedented truly breath taking!

ATTACH]

DSC_0019.jpg

DSC_0028-1.jpg

DSC_0031-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

DSC_0049-Copy-Copy.jpg

DSC_0097.jpg

DSC_0109-Copy.jpg

DSC_0077-Copy-Copy-Copy.jpg

DSC_0146.jpg

DSC_0244.jpg

DSC_0274.jpg

DSC_0263-Copy.jpg

DSC_0283-Copy.jpg

DSC_0398.jpg

DSC_0458.jpg

DSC_0559.jpg

DSC_0569.jpg

DSC_0521.jpg

So after that we headed for Stuttgart and saw how the C-Class is made amazing process and yet again the food and service was five star no doubt about it brand promotion and customer loyalty is their number one aim.

StuttgartMBMusuem026.jpg

StuttgartMBMusuem019.jpg

StuttgartMBMusuem016.jpg

StuttgartMBMusuem005.jpg

StuttgartMBMusuem002.jpg

Of course you can't go to Germany and not visit the museum or Old Timer Center of course I can't find the words really simply breath taking!

IMAG0219.jpg

IMAG0221.jpg

IMAG0243.jpg

IMAG0256.jpg

IMAG0264.jpg

The icing on the cake a tour through AMG truly amazing they even raise the nations flag of visitors I kid you not! We even got to met the fellow that built the engine in Pete's C63 AMG is beyond any doubt the pinnacle of automotive excellence.

AMG111.jpg

AMG085.jpg

AMG080.jpg

AMG076.jpg

AMG067.jpg

AMG015.jpg

AMG011.jpg

AMG003.jpg

Last edited:

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Looks like it was a load of fun Mathew a long way from home for a Wagga boy:D but i can talk i grew up at Ariah Park:eek:

Oversize

Grand Master
I am soooooo green!!!! :D WOW! A dream come true and that's definitely on my bucket list!! That SLS at the end is very impressive; any idea if the colour's Adventurine??

260ebenz

Master
Mat thank you very much for sharing the photos of your visit to Germany and the UK wish I was there just to see all those Mercedes what an experience!

Happy Birthday to you as well Mat and what a Birthday present to be surrounded by so many wonderful Mercedes!

Sorry to hear you won't be at the Concours tomorrow dreaded jet lag!

Catch up at a Club event before the year is over hopefully perhaps the All German Day Show & Shine Newcastle in November?

All the best mate.

Cheers,
Tim.

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Amazing pics and what an adventure.

Greateful to see it all.

Many thanks;)

OP
mathew

mathew

Last edited:

260ebenz

Master
Mat video of the SLS drive around the track is unbelievable what a car 0-60km/h 3.8secs that sure is quick!

I can surely imagine you enjoyed the drive in the SLS?!

There was a red SLS AMG at the Concours yesterday trust you me the exhaust note was superb!!

Cheers Tim.

WiSeGuYY

LOL MAT , some pics are less than 2 weeks back, welcome home , i bet it was unforgetable trip and you guys enjoy it ( it show from the pics) i did enjoy the photo of the red pig beside the red SLS , beauties .
i can see also you enjoy ENGLAND -jack barclay - and many places in GERMANY - did your photos in the black forest was in germany still?? i saw the road to san bernardino and ZURICH ,is that means you visited SWISS too? did you climb up the mountains? it is such an experience i bet you will never forget.

REGARDS

TAREK

Oversize

Grand Master
WOW, I could watch Mat's drive around the circuit in the SLS for hours!!! Mat, is this tour available to everyone that visits the home of MB, or VIPs (Topklasse Members) only??? :rolleyes:

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
I had a wow of a time enjoying Vince's presentation of the proccedings that we see here, but on the big screen at the Mercedes-Benz Club meeting at Fivedock.

Thanks for that, Matt!

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I had a wow of a time enjoying Vince's presentation of the proccedings that we see here, but on the big screen at the Mercedes-Benz Club meeting at Fivedock.

Thanks for that, Matt!

I bet that would have been exciting.
I'm sorry I missed it.:eek:

260ebenz

Master

Thanks for that, Matt!

I would like to know more about Vince's presentation as a MBCNSW Member I could not attend Wednesday's meeting unfornately the drive to and from Fivedock just to far away for me.