60th Birthday

More threads by sean sherry

sean sherry

Master
I can't believe it Fords 105E is 60 today. I worked on them when they were new !! It was at a Ford dealer on the Pacific Hwy in North Sydney. Now long gone , i cannot recognise the place now. E,g., Chatswood had a milk bar and a cinema, now it is Hong Kong ! Stop the World I want to get off.

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Been saying that for years

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I cannot recognise the place now. E,g., Chatswood had a milk bar and a cinema, now it is Hong Kong ! Stop the World I want to get off.

You know, I’ve been in Australia almost 43years.
I’ve been called all sorts of names, some derogatory—some not, usually by ignorant people, but it has never fazed me.

I chose Australia as my future country and Nothing nor Anyone was going to stop me from making it!
This land has given me a beautiful and caring wife who has borne me two wonderful boys.

I drive and walk through all suburbs at will and feel at home.
From Chatswood to Bondi Beach, to Lakemba passing by Cabramatta or Canley Vale down to Cronulla and everywhere else I wish.
This is Australia 🇦🇺
A multicultural society that has accepted me as I was, from whence I came and to which I was privileged to contribute.

I’m proud to call this land home and call myself an Australian!

Please accept the fact that certain ethnic groups like to live and work amongst fellow migrants of the same ethnicity.

In a generation, they will all become true blue Aussies.

Rant over :eek:

BenzBoy

Grand Master
You know, I’ve been in Australia almost 43years.
I’ve been called all sorts of names, some derogatory—some not, usually by ignorant people, but it has never fazed me.

I chose Australia as my future country and Nothing nor Anyone was going to stop me from making it!
This land has given me a beautiful and caring wife who has borne me two wonderful boys.

I drive and walk through all suburbs at will and feel at home.
From Chatswood to Bondi Beach, to Lakemba passing by Cabramatta or Canley Vale down to Cronulla and everywhere else I wish.
This is Australia 🇦🇺
A multicultural society that has accepted me as I was, from whence I came and to which I was privileged to contribute.

I’m proud to call this land home and call myself an Australian!

Please accept the fact that certain ethnic groups like to live and work amongst fellow migrants of the same ethnicity.

In a generation, they will all become true blue Aussies.

Rant over :eek:

And you are most welcome.
Regards,
Brian

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
My comment was a quip to Sean's last line Stop the World I want to get off. It had nothing to do with the rest of the post. Are we clear now. Other than that until I have my coffee I dont particularly like anyone. Coffee Yum :p

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
My comment was a quip to Sean's last line Stop the World I want to get off. It had nothing to do with the rest of the post. Are we clear now. Other than that until I have my coffee I dont particularly like anyone. Coffee Yum :p

The rant was very personal and was not aimed at anyone in particular.
We just need to accept that Australia is a country of migrants!
We all are immigrants here.

OP
S

sean sherry

Master
How right you are Michel. All Australians are Migrants. I was told to go back where I came from in my first job in 1956. I was born here, so I'm much better than you. But as I have heard said, back in Ireland "what can you expect from a Pig, but a grunt " This is a far more tolerant and educated Country today than it was back then. Like you Michel, I have an Aussie Wife of some 54 years and we have Two Girls and five Grandchildren. Australia got me for nothing, Ireland paid for my Education and Apprenticeship.

But life is a two way street, me and the Country that supports me.
It is very positive to speak openly, a blessing in our free society.:D

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
I still think Coffee is the answer.