Heat Resisting Glass

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
As mentioned in another thread, 6.9s were fitted with heat resistant glass by the factory. The six side windows, all tinted, have been replaced on Gleaming Beauty by another set of genuine 6.9 units. I am not sure whether the tinting was responsible for this, but Gleaming Beauty has never been an excessively hot car to be in - even on very hot days (at times with Air Con. not working), whilst in other 116s, the heat has been quite uncomfortable.

Anyway, these windows have become surplus to my requirements. I am looking for a buyer of these windows at $120.00 for the lot, and that price includes the bailey channelling. For any interstate buyers, please allow an extra $20.00 for packing, plus cost of postage. Sydney Metro area, I would like $10.00 for time and petrol. Feel free to phone me on 0428-50-1800. Regards Styria

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I'm on the lookout for ONE passenger side FRONT heat Resistant Glass (genuine) for my 690SEL

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Bill, we'll probably never fully know the true situation. I do have some windows with different numbers, but I am not sure if I fully understand the meaning of the numbers. It's only Marshalls in Sydney that confirmed different part numbers FOR THE REAR QUARTER window when I checked some nine to ten years ago - I was going to say four or five, but no, it was ten. Regards Styria

Tony66_au

Pop up a pic of the codes on the glass Styria so we can compare and perhaps isolate the code.

I hopped in my 450 a few weeks ago to crack the windows on a stonkingly hot 34 degree day and I was surprised at how hot the car wasn't for a brown car in full sun at 2pm.

Maybe 40 degrees tops.

I must add this to my "Ask me why I love Benz's" list lol

Tony