FoSC Bathurst - 2011 - Cancelled

More threads by SELfor50

SELfor50

Because **an un-named company** charge $3500 per entry and get 200 people, but FOSC ran it for 3 years and charge about $650 per entry and get 800+ entrants - they claim they are losing revenue.

All I can think is Super League crushing Rugby League for several years...

The FOSC event has officially been cancelled based on the fact that **an un-named company** claim to be the only people allowed to run regularity relay's at MP.

So... you can go to the **other** event for $3500 entry fee.. but the FoSC event which was about $650 entry fee has been cancelled.

1 get's 900competitors (competitors alone, not including other people who come to bathurst with the drivers) and the other mob only get about 1-200 entrants.

Edit

Sorry for the outburst of swearing, but this has really ruined my day / year. Means I'm no longer preparing my car with a target track of MP, now I have to aim for a different circuit to setup for.

Very very upset.

Last edited:
OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Last edited:

Oversize

Grand Master
All they had to do was increase your fees to $900ea & they would've made way more than $3500ea x 200....

Don't you hate it when they change the goal posts on you, particularly when all your time, effort & $$ have been based on a specific configuration. :mad: Always a problem when you try to do something a little different to everyone else, rather than follow the leader sheep style. Inevitably the couragous are in the minority & as a result they don't have much of a say when it comes to direction. Lateral thinking should be encouraged, not penalized. All I can say is; idiots

OP
SELfor50

SELfor50

Sorry, confusing post by me. FOSC and "Drive Bathurst" are 2 different events..
1 run at April, the other November.

It seems that the track%%%% mob are the only ones allowed to run a regularity event there now, so the FOSC event is unable to run at the track for 2011.

So essentially the 'good guys' are having to relocate to Eastern Creek for their 2011 event. Which will mean I won't be attending.. cause Eastern creek is a track that sprints are run at every week of the year... I can attend one of those with far less entrants and get more track time. With Bathurst it was a 5 day meet, and you got ample track time cause it's such an amazing long track.

The original issue was communicated that Track%%%% were upset that FOSC were only charging $650 or so entry fee, which meant people chose that event over theres, costing them revenue... and they say competition is healthy??!

:(

Styria

The Godfather
I know very little, if anything at all, about any of these decision making processes. If I take into consideration the time, effort and money that SELfour50 puts into his track and racing activities, I wouild have said that he should be paid to compete - not the other way round. But, of course, it simply doesn't work that way. Regards Styria

Tony66_au

I have some small insight into prepping cars for events and I must say it can be bloody frustrating.

We had in a VRC privateer car for work and it went well and was passed to compete and did so until it became too old to run at the top level.

We also did a car for a local make series involving older models and in the 6 month window to build and prep the car the rules changes 6 times involving ignition systems, exhaust and suspension including tyre choice restricted to one brand of control tyre.

The 253 we were building was a nice bit of kit and although im not a Holden fan I can say we did very well with what we were given, the ignition system change however put us back to square 3 of 10 and we had to redo a few bits and pieces to try and regain the HP lost (Which we couldnt).

Further measures in how the thing breathed and changes to the control heads set us back yet again and the tyres were atrocious just to cap it all off.

The Owner/Driver was a man of modest means and he eventually just gave up and parted the thing out to try and regain some of the many thousands he put into the car and we ended up discounting our labour costs considerably because we couldnt live with handing back a product that was no longer up to scratch especially considering the differences in performance between the first track day with the original spec and the subsequent 2 track days with the new control measures.

Admittedly there was a change in the sanctioned body and the FIA stuff came in about the same time but NOBODY got a heads up until the control change notes went out which tells me that its more about the money than the enthusiasts and that its not the enthusiasts in control of their hobby.

Pretty sad.

Tony