NRMA Motorfest 2011

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
I first, and the only time, attended this show many years ago - in fact, it may have been the first one ever staged. I think that's got to be just about ten years ago, but I cannot be sure. Father Time has a habit of getting away from you. So, this year I thought that I might just make the time at the expense of working on Gleaming Beauty (6.9) - a decision not easily arrived at.

Well, the Motorfest finished up getting the nod and, it must be said, I was not disapppointed. Other than the oppressive heat and humidity, you couldn't help but be impressed with the wonderful array of cars on display. Believe it or not, I took more than a hundred pics., so I will have to condense the numbers I am going to post. I can't help it, but I am morer and more impressed with the styling of some of the Americans on display. I just love the early fifties Buicks....

NRMAmotorfest071.jpg

[IMhttp://i1239.photobucket.com/albums/ff511/Styria_02/NRMAmotorfest

[ATTACH=full]16688[/ATTACH]

The next was my favourit - just look at that magnificent brightwork.....

[ATTACH=full]16689[/ATTACH]

Mind you some of the other Yankees weren't all that shabby either...

[ATTACH=full]16690[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]16691[/ATTACH]

Not quite so glamorous looking, but still desirable in spades...

[ATTACH=full]16692[/ATTACH]

Something I have noticed with Chevys - they are styled in such a manner that you could almost be fooled into thinking that you are looking at a 2 door Coupe - very clever...

[ATTACH=full]16693[/ATTACH]

The next one was a very striking Chevelle - a model I know very little, if that much, about.....

[ATTACH=full]16694[/ATTACH]

So on we move, to be captured by this absolutely magnificent Cadillac Ambulance - worst bit is, the colour is Michel's favo.....

[ATTACH=full]16695[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]16696[/ATTACH]
[ATTACH=full]16697[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]16698[/ATTACH]

More early fifties Yankees..

[ATTACH=full]16699[/ATTACH]

[ATTACH=full]16700[/ATTACH]

Last edited: