2011 Maserati Quattro Porte

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Well, it's got four door, and growls like a tiger. Unfortunately, I only have the Winding Ropad video available to upload to TK - I have a written test as well, saving since 2011, but unable to work out how to transfer to TK. Regards Styria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IOMBJ6W223g

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
They have re-created the Ghibli name - it stands for Desert Wind (if I remember correctly) - and the original Ghibli Spyder was a conveyance of incredible beauty. This one is an entry level specimen, priced at about $US70K. and at that figure it has to be a bargain. Anyway, enjoy the video - the tester is actually quite good. Regards Styria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICT0ZAD6FA4

BenzBoy

Grand Master
They have re-created the Ghibli name - it stands for Desert Wind (if I remember correctly) - and the original Ghibli Spyder was a conveyance of incredible beauty. This one is an entry level specimen, priced at about $US70K. and at that figure it has to be a bargain. Anyway, enjoy the video - the tester is actually quite good. Regards Styria

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ICT0ZAD6FA4
It is indeed a beautiful car but where is the manual gear change?????

BenzBoy

Grand Master
In the mail yesterday was an invitation from Maserati to take an extended test drive for a week. Nice! The only problem is that the invitation is from Euro Motors in Manama - BUGGER! Now I have 1.5m Gulf Flyer points but sadly Gulf no longer flies to Australia...
Regards,
Brian

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
In the mail yesterday was an invitation from Maserati to take an extended test drive for a week. Nice! The only problem is that the invitation is from Euro Motors in Manama - BUGGER! Now I have 1.5m Gulf Flyer points but sadly Gulf no longer flies to Australia...
Regards,
Brian

Does Gulf Air still flies? :eek:
Would you take it to the skies? :eek: :eek:

If you want a test-drive , I can organise one in Sydney for you Professor ;)

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
They have re-created the Ghibli name - it stands for Desert Wind (if I remember correctly) -

You are correct Godfather
The Ghibli (an Arab word) means the hot, dry southerly wind of North Africa.

BenzBoy

Grand Master
Does Gulf Air still flies? :eek:
Would you take it to the skies? :eek: :eek:

If you want a test-drive , I can organise one in Sydney for you Professor ;)
Gulf still flies although Skytrax no longer rates it as a 5 star airline. I have flown all over the world with them and they used to be so wonderful but now? Well, I would probably chance it; I have some good friends in Manama so I am sure I would be safe.
A Maserati test drive would be fun if it is possible.
Regards,
Brian

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Gulf still flies although Skytrax no longer rates it as a 5 star airline. I have flown all over the world with them and they used to be so wonderful but now? Well, I would probably chance it; I have some good friends in Manama so I am sure I would be safe.
A Maserati test drive would be fun if it is possible.
Regards,
Brian

Iwouldn't mind being the back seat driver !;) Regards Styria

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Indeed Michel. I felt quite privileged to be taken for a drive. You may remember the slightly wet roads and responsible road manners, prevented you from exploringthe car to its fullest potential. Mind you, I am always up for another ride. Regards Styria

carl888

Connoisseur
I hope the "New" ghibli goes well, priced bang in the middle of the equivalent 5 series/E class.

I can't help but think the name has been prostituted however. Here's a real one :)

L1080264.jpg

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
I hope the "New" ghibli goes well, priced bang in the middle of the equivalent 5 series/E class.

I can't help but think the name has been prostituted however. Here's a real one :)

Prostituted? In what way?

motec 6.9

Prodigal Son
Hi Michel i think Carl means that the original Ghibli was a true Grand Tourisimo coupe seen as a direct rival to the Ferrari 365 gtb4 (Daytona) for those that dont know. And the new one will be a 5 series, E class competitor. :eek:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
That's what I thought he meant :(

Unfortunately car companies have a habit of doing this.
For example, look at the mighty Dodge Charger in its heydays (late 60s-early 70s).
Upon the revival of the name, it became a boring four door with a 4cyl powerplant! :eek:

carl888

Connoisseur
That's what I thought he meant :(

Unfortunately car companies have a habit of doing this.
For example, look at the mighty Dodge Charger in its heydays (late 60s-early 70s).
Upon the revival of the name, it became a boring four door with a 4cyl powerplant! :eek:

That's what he meant :)