First Aid Kits

More threads by Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Before I place these on Ebay, I want to give Topklasse members first crack at two First Aid Kits I have on offer. Nothing particularly special or rare as far

ebaypictures-December2008150.jpg

as the first one is concerned. It is your standard 116 item, in excellent overall condition with the correct bandages, surgical scissors etc. etc. As I said, not particularly rare, but in beautiful condition. I have seen them sell for about $US 35.00 on ebay, my price - $A35.00 plus postage.

The second item is a different cattle of fish. It is the unit that was standard police issue, and thus far more comprehensive than the usual items.....

ebaypictures-December2008149.jpg.

The kit not only contains your normal compliment of bandages, band aids and burn pads, but there are also beautifully made tweezers (two types), surgical scissors, pain killing fluid in a special bottle (very tiny), plus a set of syringe and needles, with the needles in their own plastic carry case (very small again).

In my view, this kit is an absolute 'Collectable' and I am putting a price of $90.00 on it. Yes, I know, who wants to pay that sort of money for something so old, but...remember, Elvis Presley's undies - they went for about $250K. My phone number 0428-50-1800 Regards Styria

Last edited:

Michel

The Prince of Arabia
Before I place these on Ebay, I want to give Topklasse members first crack
Yes, I know, who wants to pay that sort of money for something so old, but...remember, Elvis Presley's undies - they went for about $250K. My phone number 0428-50-1800 Regards Styria

Are you selling also some undies Godfather? :p

G

GreaseMonkey

The old pub in Berry has some Kylie undies over the bar, much nicer than Styria's, or Elvis's.
C.M.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi ChrisP, it is up to you to decide whether you'd want this kit. One needs to realize that this kit is strictly a 'collectors' item - in other words, the unknowing would look at it first thinking "what's the big deal", and then probably look at you and think "what's this guy on about" ! It is that sort of item, and simply a case of extreme rarity - similar to say 15" Bundts, although I know what I would prefer !

I am happy for you to take it off my hands, but remember that you already get the genuine item as part of the car. Over to you. Regards Styria

chrisp

Hi ChrisP, it is up to you to decide whether you'd want this kit. One needs to realize that this kit is strictly a 'collectors' item - in other words, the unknowing would look at it first thinking "what's the big deal", and then probably look at you and think "what's this guy on about" ! It is that sort of item, and simply a case of extreme rarity - similar to say 15" Bundts, although I know what I would prefer !

I am happy for you to take it off my hands, but remember that you already get the genuine item as part of the car. Over to you. Regards Styria

Hi Styria,

Absolutely, understood. I've always been a fan of slightly obscure things. I have a small collection of first edition science fiction novels that are actually quite rare these days, but are worth very little because so many were originally printed. As there's little demand for these things compared to other books, fewer survive than you might think.

So back to the first aid kit: I'd love to take it off your hands because I appreciate its rarity and its curiosity value.

Regards,

Chris

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi Styria,

Absolutely, understood. I've always been a fan of slightly obscure things. I have a small collection of first edition science fiction novels that are actually quite rare these days, but are worth very little because so many were originally printed. As there's little demand for these things compared to other books, fewer survive than you might think.

So back to the first aid kit: I'd love to take it off your hands because I appreciate its rarity and its curiosity value.

Regards,

Chris

Hi ChrisP,

I am a little bit like you in that way, and appreciate an item that not every one has. So, from hereon in, it is yours. Regards Styria

BIGBENZ

Before I place these on Ebay, I want to give Topklasse members first crack at two First Aid Kits I have on offer. Nothing particularly special or rare as far

ebaypictures-December2008150.jpg

as the first one is concerned. It is your standard 116 item, in excellent overall condition with the correct bandages, surgical scissors etc. etc. As I said, not particularly rare, but in beautiful condition. I have seen them sell for about $US 35.00 on ebay, my price - $A35.00 plus postage.

The second item is a different cattle of fish. It is the unit that was standard police issue, and thus far more comprehensive than the usual items.....

ebaypictures-December2008149.jpg.

The kit not only contains your normal compliment of bandages, band aids and burn pads, but there are also beautifully made tweezers (two types), surgical scissors, pain killing fluid in a special bottle (very tiny), plus a set of syringe and needles, with the needles in their own plastic carry case (very small again).

In my view, this kit is an absolute 'Collectable' and I am putting a price of $90.00 on it. Yes, I know, who wants to pay that sort of money for something so old, but...remember, Elvis Presley's undies - they went for about $250K. My phone number 0428-50-1800 Regards Styria
i have an original unopened since 1974...

260ebenz

Master
Can you still buy the MB first aid kits and any idea how much a kit would be worth for my W124 MB?

Merry Christmas!

SEL_69L

Aristocrat
Obviously, the contents of the first aid kit need to not be beyond their use date. Not so critical with bandages etc., provided the wrappers are intact or other items which only require that they be surgically clean. Other items may degrade such as ointments tinctures or antiseptics. Make sure that these medical items are up to date.

So fas the car is concerned however, the most important item is not the contents, but the container, in terms of originality.

When I first owned my W116, it had old first aid items, with no box. I disposed of these. It also had a fire extinguisher, which was also WAY past expiry, and that was disposed of as well.

OP
Styria

Styria

The Godfather
Hi SEL69L, do you mean to say that you do not have a first aid kit with your car ? Let me know.

Hi BigBenz, excellent - just remember that you should now no longer open it. Regards Styria